11 Best Vegan Pasta Salad Recipes For Your Kids
This article is ideal for you if you're searching for vegan pasta salad recipes. It includes 11 delectable vegan pasta salad recipes for your upcoming barbecue or picnic! Right on schedule for the Memorial Day weekend holiday!
1. Zucchini-Ramen Noodle Salad
When people think of ramen noodles, they think of inexpensive college food with a lot of sodium. The zucchini-ramen noodle salad is a novel twist on a typical dish among college students. Juicy tomato, cool cucumber, and crunchy peanuts are all present. Make a large batch to serve as a meal starter or as a salad on its own.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes | Servings: 4
Ingredients For The Salad
- Zucchini ramen: 7 oz
- Romaine lettuce: 1-2 cups
- Small cucumber: 1, diced
- Large tomato: 1, diced
- Medium carrot: 1, diced
- Cilantro: ½ cup, chopped
- Peanuts: ¼ cup, roughly chopped
Ingredients For The Dressing
- Reduced-sodium soy sauce: ¼ cup
- Rice vinegar: ¼ cup
- Water: ¼ cup
- Sesame oil: 1 tablespoon
- Agave nectar: 1 tablespoon
- Carefully wash and slice all the vegetables.
- Combine all the dressing components in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly, then pause.
- Get the noodles ready. Drain and refresh with cold water.
- In a sizable bowl, combine the noodles, peanuts, and vegetables. If desired, include the dressing and re-mix.
2. Apple And Grape Pasta Salad
Some enjoy combining salty and sweet flavours, and some do not. You must try this apple and grape pasta salad if you belong to the first category!
It's absurdly straightforward but incredibly original. Vegan mayonnaise is briefly tossed with pasta to create a creamy base, and then grapes and apples are added for a few bite-sized bursts of sweetness and freshness.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes | Servings: 2-4
- Gluten-free pasta: 1 8-oz package
- Mixed and chopped apples, grapes, and celery: 2 cups
- Vegan mayonnaise: 2 tablespoons
- Lemon, squeezed: ¼
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Cook Pasta as directed on the package.
- Prepare your apples, grapes, and celery for chopping while the spaghetti is boiling.
- Drain and rinse the pasta after cooking. Add the celery, apples, and grapes after mixing. You can combine the lemon and vegan mayo in a separate bowl or add it all to the spaghetti. To taste, add cracked pepper and then serve.
3. Thai Curry Pasta Salad
Despite the lengthy ingredient list, making and eating this recipe needs little effort—a creamy vinaigrette with Thai curry flavouring whole grain spaghetti and fresh, crisp vegetables. I keep the extra dressing on hand for our weekly lunches. It will come in handy.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes | Servings: 4
Ingredients For The Dressing
- Unsweetened coconut milk: 1½ cups
- Raw cashews: ½ cup
- Basil leaves: 2
- Garlic: 1 teaspoon chopped
- Ginger powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Chilli powder: ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Mustard powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Dry coconut flakes: ½ cup
- White sesame seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Rice vinegar: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Lime juice: 1 teaspoon
Ingredients For The Salad
- Red cabbage: 2 cups, shredded
- Ancient grain pasta: 3 cups, boiled and drained
- Baby corn: ½ cup, chopped
- Celery: ¼ cup, chopped
- Carrots: ½ cup, chopped
- Shelled edamame: ½ cup
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a hot pan except lime juice and salt.
- Stirring constantly, let it boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool after it thickens a little and coconut flakes appear on the surface.
- Blend the dressing in a blender until it's smooth and creamy after it has cooled.
- Pour the Thai curry dressing into a bowl and add the sea salt and lime juice. Place it aside.
- Combine all the salad ingredients and the dressing in a Pyrex salad bowl. Serve.
4. Spinach Pesto Pasta Salad
A busy day? Need to make something for dinner quickly? This simple three-step pasta salad will solve your problems with spinach and pesto!
Even if you're gluten-free or grain-free, this pasta may save dinner because it's made with spinach, pine nuts, marinated sun-dried tomatoes, and vegan Parmesan cheese. Toss it with your favourite pasta.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes | Servings: 3-4
Ingredients For The Salad
- Cooked pasta of choice: 2 cups (we use gluten-free pasta)
- Marinated sun-dried tomatoes: ½ cup, chopped
- Marinated artichokes: 1 cup, quartered
- Italian olives: ½ cup
- Vegan parmesan: ½ cup Click here for my blog on the 7 Easy Vegan Parmesan Recipes
- Roasted pine nuts: ½ cup
- Arugula: 2 cups
Ingredients For The Pesto
- Baby spinach: 1 cup
- Bunch basil: 1
- Sea salt: 1 teaspoon
- Red pepper: 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil: ⅓ cup
- Pine nuts: ½ cup
- Vegan parmesan: ½ cup
- Bake the pine nuts in the 300°F preheated oven (5-7 minutes).
- In a food processor, mash up all the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Chop all the ingredients to your liking. Then combine them and top with spinach pesto. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
5. Pasta Salad With Veggies, Herbs & An Orange-Miso Tahini Dressing
This salad is a creamy, earthy, umami explosion of flavour ideal for supper, lunch, and leftovers the next day! Combine the shredded kale, blanched zucchini and broccoli, cherry tomatoes, and a ton of fresh herbs with pasta. Add the dressing with an easy-to-make, healthy, and citrusy sauce. It's quick and simple to prepare, and you can finish it the day before to have it ready whenever you want.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes | Servings: 6
Ingredients For The Salad
- Small zucchinis: 2, thinly sliced into half-moons
- Bite-sized broccoli florets: 2 cups
- Onion: 1 cup, coarsely diced
- Lightly packed bite-size, hand-torn kale: 3 cups (rinsed and cleaned)
- Whole-grain or gluten-free fusilli pasta: 1 pound, cooked and rinsed
- Chickpeas: 1- 14-oz can, drained and rinsed
- Cherry tomatoes: 1 cup, halved
- Pine nuts: ¼ cup, lightly toasted
- Parsley: ¼ cup, lightly packed, coarsely chopped
- Basil: ¼, lightly packed, coarsely chopped
- Garlic: 1 tablespoon minced
- Orange-miso tahini dressing: 1½ cups (recipe below)
Ingredients For The Orange-Miso Tahini Dressing
- Tahini: 1 cup
- Fresh orange juice: ½ cup (from 2-3 oranges)
- Warm water: ½ cup
- White miso: ¼ cup
- Lime: 1, juiced
- Garlic: 1 teaspoon minced
- Crushed red chilli flakes: ½ teaspoon
- Smoked paprika: ½ teaspoon
- Onion powder: ½ teaspoon
- Finely chopped parsley
Method To Make The Salad
- Fill a medium saucepan three-quarters full of water, and add the onion, broccoli, and zucchini to the boiling water. The food will get more delicate, and the colours will explode after 3 minutes of cooking. Before draining, stir in the chopped kale. Remove from heat, strain it, and then run it under cold water to cool it.
- Add the cooked, rinsed and drained pasta to a large Pyrex salad bowl along with chickpeas, cooked and uncooked veggies, pine nuts, herbs, garlic, and half the dressing.
- Add more sauce and blend until you achieve a creamy and desired consistency. Refresh or serve on the side any dressing that is left over.
Method To Make The Dressing
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl or blender and thoroughly combine.
- It can be completed the evening before and kept in the refrigerator for a few weeks.
6. Kale Caesar Pasta Salad
The updated, less traditional Caesar salad. Contemporary and healthy. Why not create a vegan-friendly version of caesar salads, which are a beloved favourite?
However, after eating (basically) this bowl of Vegan Kale Caesar Pasta Salad to myself for two meals in a row, you can probably guess I'm a new fan now.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes | Servings: 5
- Gluten-free pasta: 1 pound (or any pasta of choice)
- Kale: 3 cups
- Radishes: 1 cup
- Nutritional yeast: 3 tablespoons
Ingredients For The Caesar Dressing
- Hemp hearts: ⅓ cup
- Water: ⅓ cup
- Lemon juice: 2 tablespoons (about 1 small lemon)
- Unsweetened almond milk: 1 tablespoon
- Apple cider vinegar: ½ tablespoon
- Dijon mustard: 1 tablespoon
- Clove garlic: 1
- Sea salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Pepper: ¼ teaspoon
- Follow the recommendations from the pasta pack when cooking pasta.
- Combine the cooked pasta, kale, radishes, and nutritional yeast in a Pyrex salad bowl.
- Use a food processor or blender to mix all the ingredients for the dressing. Blend until thoroughly combined and smooth. Pour the salad dressing over the salad and toss it.
7. Grilled Peach and Blueberry Pasta Salad
Blueberries and grilled summer peaches in a pasta salad? Yes! The arugula's peppery bite contrasts with the peaches' caramelized sweetness. Ensure the grill is preheated for 20 minutes to avoid the peaches from sticking to the rack.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 Servings: 6
- Dried multigrain penne pasta: 4 cups
- Ripe peaches: 4, halved and pitted
- Lemons: 3
- Dijon mustard: 4 teaspoons
- Cloves garlic, minced: 4
- Fresh baby arugula: 1- 5-oz package
- Fresh blueberries: 2 cups
- Sea salt: ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper: ¼ teaspoon or to taste
- Pure maple syrup: 4 teaspoons
- Follow the directions on the pasta package and drain. Drain again after rinsing with cold water. Keep cold until needed.
- On the grill rack, arrange four peach halves with the cut sides down. Cover the grill and cook it over medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until grill marks appear; let it cool.
- Remove one teaspoon of the zest from one lemon for each half cup of dressing.
- Combine lemon zest, juice, mustard, and garlic Pyrex salad bowl. Remove and set aside one-half of the dressing. Toss the peaches, arugula, pasta, and blueberries together in a bowl.
- Add grilled peach halves and maple syrup to each plate before serving—hand over the reserved dressing.
8. Potato And Artichoke Heart Pasta Salad
Spuds and pasta indulge in a rich dressing with this pasta salad fit for a meal. Hearts of palm and artichoke lend a rich, nutty flavour.
In this recipe, firm cooking potatoes, like red or fingerling, will maintain their shape best, but you can use whichever variety you have. Any other fresh herb, including basil, cilantro, or parsley, can be used in place of dill in an equal amount.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes | Servings: 6
- Potatoes, any variety: 1½ pounds, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Dry whole grain pasta: 2 cups
- Artichoke hearts: 1- 15-oz can drained & rinsed, and quartered
- Hearts of palm: ½ cup, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes: 1 cup, cut into halves
- Green onions: 2, thinly sliced
- Fresh dill: 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- Silken tofu: 1- 12-oz package, drained
- White wine vinegar: 2½ tablespoons
- Garlic: 2 small cloves
- Yellow mustard: 1½ teaspoons
- Sea salt
- Unsweetened, unflavored plant-based milk: ¼ to ½ cup
- Place a steamer insert in a saucepan with one to two inches of water. Bring the water to a boil. Add the potatoes to the steamer basket, close the lid, and steam for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are incredibly soft when poked with a sharp knife. Place the potatoes in a big bowl to cool.
- Follow the directions on the pasta package and drain. Rinse again after rinsing with cold water. Add the tomatoes, scallions, dill, hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, and hearts of palm.
- Blend tofu, vinegar, garlic, and mustard together in a food processor. Blend a sauce up until it's silky. Use salt and pepper to your personal preference.
- Add the salad dressing to a Pyrex salad bowl and mix thoroughly. Adjust the seasoning to your taste. Refrigerate or serve at room temperature. When adding the plant-based milk just before serving, add 1-2 tablespoons at a time to obtain the ideal texture and creaminess. Keep in mind that pasta will absorb the sauce as it rests.
9. Ponzu Noodle Salad
Ponzu is a soy and citrus sauce widely used in Japanese cuisine. Use it as a sauce for stir-fries or to add flavour to your vegetable and rice recipes. Prepare this recipe in the spring when cilantro and snow peas are in season. You can purchase brown rice noodles online in most supermarkets and health food stores.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes | Servings: 4
- Brown rice noodles: 1 pound
- Snow peas, trimmed: ½ pound and cut into matchsticks
- Medium carrots: 3, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Green onions: 3 (white and green parts), cut into ¾-inch pieces
- Cilantro: ½ cup, coarsely chopped
- Ponzu Sauce: ½ cup
- Crushed red pepper flakes: ½ teaspoon (optional)
- Add snow peas and carrots to the brown rice noodles in the final minute of cooking, as directed on the packaging.
- After cooling, drain and rinse the mixture, then transfer it to a large Pyrex salad bowl.
- Add the cilantro, ponzu sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, and green onions if using.
- Thoroughly combine and serve.
10. Rainbow Pasta Salad
Are you having trouble deciding between salad and spaghetti? This delicious vegan pasta salad recipe combines everything you love about both into one substantial, colourful dinner.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes | Servings: 5
- Whole-grain penne or fusilli pasta: 8 oz
- Tomato sauce: 1- 15-oz can
- Yellow onion: ½ cup, diced
- Red wine vinegar: 2 tablespoons
- Fresh garlic: 1 tablespoon minced
- Dried oregano: 1 teaspoon
- Red kidney beans: 1- 15-oz can, drained and rinsed
- Kale: 2 cups, shredded
- Orange bell pepper: 1, cut into thin slices
- Red cabbage: ½ cup shredded
- Cherry tomatoes: ½ cup, sliced into halves
- Fresh parsley: 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Follow the instructions on the pasta package for cooking. Put aside after draining and moving to a salad dish.
- Combine the tomato sauce, onion, vinegar, garlic, and oregano in a big pot. Onions should be soft after 10 minutes of simmering on low heat with the lid on the pan.
- Beans, kale, bell peppers, cabbage, tomatoes, parsley, sauce, and pasta are all appropriate toppings. Stir thoroughly, then add salt and pepper to taste. Keep chilled all day or at least until you're ready to serve.
11. Vegan Lemon Broccoli Pasta Salad
A delightful, satisfying, and nutritious pasta salad is a broccoli pasta salad. This recipe is straightforward to prepare and great for packing lunch boxes for school and taking to potlucks and barbecues.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes | Servings: 6
- Rotini pasta: 1 pound (I used gluten-free pasta)
- Broccoli: 1½ pounds, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- Baby spinach: 4 cups packed
- Vegan butter: 3 tablespoons
- Lemon: 1 large, zest and juice
- Garlic: 2–3 cloves
- Vegan parmesan: 1 cup. Click here for my blog on the 7 Easy Vegan Parmesan Recipes.
Ingredients For Serving (Optional)
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Extra vegan parmesan
- Nutritional yeast
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- Cook the pasta as per the package instructions.
- When the pasta is the correct doneness, mix in the broccoli and simmer for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Return the pasta and broccoli to the pot after draining all the water. Stir in the spinach and lemon zest before covering the pan. Allow to stand for five minutes or until the spinach starts to wilt.
- While you wait, warm some butter in a small skillet. Add the garlic when it is heating up, and simmer for about two minutes. Cut the heat off.
- Before adding the garlic butter mixture to the pasta, combine the lemon juice.
- Now the parmesan cheese ought to be thoroughly mixed in.
- Lemon wedges, salt, pepper, and a little additional vegan parmesan, if wanted, are served as garnishes along with the dish.
These delicious vegan pasta salad dishes shine as either a side dish or the main course and are ideal for potlucks and picnics. Don't worry if you associate macaroni noodles with a sickeningly sweet mayonnaise sauce; these simple pasta salads use fresh ingredients and deliciously healthy and light dressings. Don't miss letting us know which one was great for you.
I trust you enjoyed this article about the 11 Best Vegan Pasta Salad Recipes For Your Kids. Please stay tuned for more blog posts to come shortly. Take care!
>>>Want To Learn How To Create Delicious, Cruelty-Free, Healthy AND 100% Vegan Meals? Try These Awesome Vegan Cooking Courses With A Free 7-DAY MEMBERSHIP<<<
Your Opinion Is Important To Me
Ideas? Thoughts? Questions? I would love to hear from you. Would you please leave me your questions, experience, and remarks about this article on the 11 Best Vegan Pasta Salad Recipes For Your Kids in the comments section below? You can also reach me by email at Jeannette@LivingTheVeganLifestyle.org.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate and other affiliate programs. Read my full disclosure.
Here are links to some of my favourite articles:
10 Best Vegan Fudge Recipes For Your Kids
10 Best Vegan Popsicle Recipes For Your Kids
8 Best Vegan Sushi Bowl Recipes For Your Kids
6 Best Vegan Pecan Recipes For Your Kids
8 Best Vegan Cauliflower Steak Recipes For Your Kids
8 Best Vegan Yogurt Recipes For Your Kids