7 Great Vegan Pasta Recipes For Your Kids
Seven delectable, tasty vegan pasta recipes culled from the plant-based web.
This list includes something for everyone, whether you're searching for a rich, meaty pasta to please the whole family, an incredibly creamy pasta to satisfy your comfort food desires, or a light, veggie-forward pasta for summer.
The Health Benefits Of Pasta
Carbohydrates, such as pasta, provide glucose, which the brain and muscles require to function. Pasta is a wonderful source of complex carbs (as opposed to refined and processed carbs – yuck), which release energy slowly and continuously, so you don't get the energy spikes associated with simple sugars.
Pasta is an important part of a well-balanced diet, with complex carbs such as pasta accounting for 35 percent of daily calories according to current Australian Government standards. Combine pasta with lean protein and vegetables for a balanced dinner that will help you meet your dietary objectives.
Is there anything else you need to persuade me to sink into that delicious bowl of pasta? Pasta, on the other hand, is good for our mental health. According to a recent study, a Mediterranean-style diet has been found to protect men and women 65 and older from age-related cognitive impairment.
So quit feeling bad and eat that delicious pasta dish you've been yearning for!
The Activities Of The Brain
The mineral iron aids with brain growth. It aids in delivering oxygen to the brain, which consumes around 20% of all oxygen. The activities of the brain are linked to iron. Blood flow encourages cognitive activity and helps create brain pathways that help prevent cognitive diseases like Alzheimer's and dementia.
7 Great Vegan Pasta Recipes
1. Vegan Pumpkin Pasta Sauce With Wild Mushrooms
Vegan pumpkin spaghetti sauce with wild mushrooms is a quick and healthful recipe full of autumnal flavours. A substantial and tasty 30-minute meal for a fantastic fall evening may be made with an easy 4-ingredient pumpkin sauce tossed with pasta and topped with sautéed mushrooms, garlic, and herbs.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Servings: 2
- Raw cashews: ½ cup
- Pumpkin puree, fresh or canned: 2 cups
- Vegetable stock: ½ cup
- Garlic (one whole and two minced, divided): 3 cloves
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- Mixed mushrooms: 250 grams
- Shallots, mince: 2
- Dried thyme: ¼ teaspoon
- Pasta: 250 grams
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Soak the cashews for 15 minutes in boiling water until tender. In a blender, combine the cashews, pumpkin puree, vegetable stock, one entire garlic clove, and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Start with the more important mushroom varieties. Spread them out in a single layer in the pan and fry for 2 minutes, or until golden brown, without stirring. Cook, occasionally stirring, until golden brown on the other side.
- Remove to a plate and repeat with the smaller mushroom kinds. Remove the mushrooms to a platter and immediately sauté the shallots, 2 chopped garlic cloves, and thyme until tender and translucent.
- Add the fried mushrooms to the mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the spaghetti with the pumpkin sauce and the fried mushrooms, reserving a few mushrooms for garnish. Freshly chopped parsley is sprinkled on top.
2. Fresh Herb Gemelli Pasta
The moment the fresh herbs and garlic meet the olive oil, this gorgeous and fragrant Gemelli pasta dish will catch your attention. Your kitchen will begin to smell like Tuscany, Rome, Florence, or whichever Italian place you have in mind. Tuscany is my personal favourite.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 9 minutes | Servings: 6 servings
- Gemelli pasta or any shape that you like: 1 pound
- Packed basil leaves: ½ cup
- Purple basil leaves: ½ cup
- Chopped sage: 2 tablespoons
- Chopped oregano: 2 tablespoons
- Copped rosemary: 1 tablespoon
- Minced garlic: 1 Clove
- Extra virgin olive oil: 3 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a whole pot of water to a boil, then add a teaspoon of salt to the water. Cook the gemelli pasta according to the package's instructions. Usually, it takes nine minutes.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and return it to the saucepan when it's done.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and herbs when heated (but not smoking) and whisk for thirty seconds. They'll sizzle, so take them off the fire if the oil starts to smoke. Toss the pasta with the oil and herbs and toss to coat—season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Rasta Pasta
This rasta pasta recipe is a flavour explosion. This vegan recipe is robust and will keep you satisfied for hours, with delectable vegetarian walnut balls and crisp bell peppers in a creamy curry coconut sauce.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 4
Ingredients For The Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- Green onions: 25 to 30
- Fresh ginger: 1 thick
- Bonnet or habanero peppers: 1 or 2 Scotch
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Canola oil: ½ cup
- Soy sauce: ½ cup
- Tomato sauce: ½ cup
- Fresh orange juice: ⅓ cup
- Distilled white vinegar: ⅓ cup
- Fresh lime juice: 3 tablespoons
- Brown sugar: 3 tablespoons
- Salt: 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons
- Ground cloves: 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons
- Ground allspice: 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons
- Ground nutmeg: ½ teaspoons
- Ground cinnamon or cassia: ¼ to ½ teaspoon
Ingredients For The Walnut Balls
- Olive or coconut oil: 3 tablespoons
- Button mushrooms: 2 cups Onions, sliced-2
- Walnut halves: 1 cup
- Garlic cloves crushed: 5
- Pitted dates: 3
- Nutritional yeast flakes: 3 tablespoons
- Bragg Liquid Aminos: 1 tablespoon
- Fresh thyme leaves: 1 tablespoon
- Flax meal: 1 tablespoon
- Curry powder: 1 tablespoon
- Smoked paprika: 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper: 1 teaspoon
- Oat flour: ¼ cup
- Bread crumbs: ¼ cup
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning: 2 tablespoons
- Seasoning salt: 2 teaspoons
- Neutral oil, for frying: ½ cup
Ingredients For The Sauce
- Coconut oil: 1 tablespoon
- Thai curry paste, any colour, or Madras curry powder: 1 tablespoon
- Coconut milk: 14-ounce
- Onion, diced: 1
- Pressed Garlic: 2 cloves
- Soy sauce or Bragg Liquid Aminos: 1 tablespoon
- Chopped cilantro: 1 tablespoon
- Ground allspice: 1 tablespoon
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Onion powder: 1 teaspoon
- Pink or sea salt, to taste
Ingredients For The Rasta Pasta
- Olive or coconut oil, for sautéing: 1 tablespoon
- Red bell pepper(thinly sliced): ½
- Yellow bell pepper(thinly sliced): ½
- Green bell pepper, thinly sliced: ½
- Package linguini: 1-pound
- Combine the green onions, ginger, Scotch bonnets, garlic, and thyme in a food processor and process for 30 seconds. Process till medium smooth, adding the oil, soy sauce, tomato sauce, orange juice, vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar, salt, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Refrigerate after transferring to a clean container and sealing it. In the fridge, this seasoning blend can last up to a year.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat to create the walnut balls. Sauté the mushrooms and onions for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are transparent.
- Fill a food processor halfway with the mixture. Drain the walnuts, garlic, dates, nutritional yeast, liquid aminos, thyme, flax meal blended with boiling water, curry powder, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the oat flour, bread crumbs, jerk seasoning, and seasoning salt to the mixture in a medium mixing bowl. Make twenty 1.5 inch (3.8 cm) balls out of the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a medium skillet, heat the neutral oil over medium-high heat—Fry the walnut balls for 5 minutes, or until a thin brown crust forms.
- Place the balls on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until a brown crust forms around them.
- Make the sauce in the meantime. In a medium-sized pot, heat the oil. One minute after adding the curry, heat it through. In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut milk, onion, garlic, soy sauce, cilantro, allspice, sugar, and onion powder.
- Taste and season with salt if necessary. Bring to a boil, constantly stirring, until the mixture is creamy.
- Heat the olive oil in a wok over high heat to finish the pasta. Sauté the bell peppers for about 2 minutes, or until they are slightly soft. Heat through the pasta, tossing to incorporate, for about 4 minutes. Toss in the walnut balls and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the balls on top of the spaghetti and drizzle with sauce to serve.
4. Lemon Ricotta Pasta
This light spring supper of vegan lemon ricotta pasta with wilted fresh spinach is ideal. It's creamy, lemony, and cheezy, and it only has ten ingredients. It's a weeknight-friendly dinner that will please everyone in your family, and it's ready in less than 30 minutes. Vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, and oil-free options are available.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 4
- Block extra firm tofu, pressed: 16oz
- Lemons juiced and zested: 2
- Olive oil: ¼ cup
- Hemp heart seeds, toasted: ¼ cup
- Garlic: 4 cloves
- Nutritional yeast: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Basil leaves: 5-6
- Reserved pasta water: ¼-½ cup
- Pasta: 12 oz.
- Fresh spinach: 4 oz.
- Toss pressed tofu, 2 lemons' zest and juice, olive oil, roasted hemp heart seeds, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, and basil together in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Follow the package guidelines for cooking pasta. One cup of pasta water should be saved when the pasta is finished cooking. The spaghetti should be drained.
- Into the lemon ricotta, pour 14 cups of pasta water. Continue to add 1 tablespoon of leftover pasta water at a time until the ricotta is smooth and somewhat thin but thick enough to coat the pasta.
- Heat the ricotta in the pasta pot over medium-low heat until the spinach has wilted but is not bubbling.
- Return the spaghetti to the pot and boil for another 2 minutes on high.
- Warm pasta should be served with vegan parmesan and a lemon slice on top. With a side of steamed broccoli and toasted bread, this dish is perfect.
5. Hummus Pasta
Hummus Pasta is a quick and easy vegan pasta dish that's excellent for a weeknight meal! It's creamy and delicious, grabbing kids and it's easy to customize in under 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Servings: 4
- Olive oil or any oil: 2 teaspoons
- Spinach chopped: ½ cup
- Sundried tomatoes thinly sliced: 3
- Garlicky well-seasoned hummus: 1 cup
- Pasta water + more if needed: ¼ cup
- Dry pasta: 8 ounces
- Squeeze lime.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil your pasta according to package directions in a pot of salted boiling water. If you believe you'll need more pasta water, set aside up to ½ cup or more. Drain the pasta and set it aside when it's done.
- In a medium-sized pan, heat the olive oil while the pasta is boiling.
- Add the spinach, sundried tomatoes, and any other veggies you choose to include once the oil is hot. Saute for about 5 minutes, until the spinach is wilted and the sundried tomatoes are fragrant, with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in ¼ cup of the pasta water and the hummus.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until smooth and blended. Add the cooked pasta to the pot. Squeeze the lime over the top and mix to blend everything.
- Taste the pasta and sauce, and if necessary, add more water or season with extra salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the pan off the heat, serve, and enjoy!
6. Caramelized Onion Pasta
Quick-caramelized onions, tomato paste, sun-dried tomatoes, and a few other pantry staples infuse this 9-Ingredient Vegan Caramelized Onion Pasta with umami. Vegans and omnivores alike will enjoy this easy weekday dinner!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Servings: 3
- Extra virgin olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- Yellow onions, very thinly sliced: 2 medium
- Garlic cloves, thinly sliced: 4
- Red pepper flakes: 1 teaspoon
- Dried oregano: 1 teaspoon
- Tube of tomato paste: 5.3-ounce
- Tamari/soy sauce: 2 tablespoons
- Nutritional yeast: 2 tablespoons
- Oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes: 4 – 5
- Spaghetti or linguine: 10 ounces
- Water to deglaze the pan
- Kosher salt or sea salt to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat a 12-inch skillet or a Dutch oven over medium-high to high heat. When the olive oil is hot, add the thinly sliced onions and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook the onions, stirring regularly, until a light brown fond form on the pan's surface, about 5 minutes. To deglaze the pan, add a few spoonfuls of water.
- Cook the onions, moving regularly to prevent scorching and adding more water every few minutes until they're deeply golden brown, about 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic cloves, sliced. Deglaze by stirring often and adding water as needed. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until the onions have caramelized entirely and the garlic has turned golden.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes and oregano for about 30 seconds to coat the onions. Add the tomato paste and stir continually for 2-3 minutes, or until the paste has caramelized and darkened.
- Stir together the tamari, nutritional yeast, and chopped sundried tomatoes. Reduce the heat to a low setting.
- Into the caramelized onions, spoon a few spoonfuls of the leftover pasta water. After that, add the hot pasta to the onions. Swirl the pasta into the sauce with tongs, adding more pasta water if needed (I usually add 34-1 cup) until all noodles are coated in the tomato-y sauce. It usually takes 3-4 minutes to complete this procedure. Now enjoy with your kids!
7. Creamy Lemon Spaghetti
The garlicky lemon flavour of this Creamy Lemon Spaghetti is fantastic. This spaghetti dish is wonderfully seasoned and delicious, with just a hint of fire. Creamy Lemon Spaghetti is a nutrient-dense and filling dish. Vitamins and nutrition are provided by spinach and garlic, while satiation is provided by pasta and coconut milk. This is a one-pot dish as well! Cooking the spaghetti separately is an extra step that we don't always have time for, but this recipe accomplishes everything in one pot for quick prep and cleanup.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 4
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves thinly sliced: 5
- Vegetable broth: 4 cups
- Spaghetti or other pasta: 1 lb
- Full-fat coconut milk: 2 cups
- Lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
- Baby spinach: 6 oz.
- Lemon zest: 2 teaspoons
- Red pepper flakes: ¼ teaspoon
- Chopped parsley: ¼ cup
- Combine the garlic and olive oil in a large pot and bring to a slow simmer. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the garlic is softened and colour.
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil with the garlic.
- Combine the spaghetti, coconut milk, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Stir everything together well, cover, and cook for about 12 minutes, stirring once in a while.
- Add the spinach and simmer for another minute, or until it wilts.
- Finally, add the parsley, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes (some salt may be needed). Serve after a quick stir.
Hope you will try these 7 great vegan pasta recipes, and undoubtedly your kids will love all of them very much.
I trust you enjoyed this article about the 7 Great Vegan Pasta Recipes For Your Kids. Please stay tuned for more blog posts to come shortly. Take care!
>>>Want To Learn How To Create Delicious, Cruelty-Free, Healthy AND 100% Vegan Meals? Try These Awesome Vegan Cooking Courses With A Free 7-DAY MEMBERSHIP<<<
Your Opinion Is Important To Me
Ideas? Thoughts? Questions? I would love to hear from you. Would you please leave me your questions, experience, and remarks about this article on the 7 Great Vegan Pasta Recipes For Your Kids, in the comments section below? You can also reach me by email at Jeannette@LivingTheVeganLifestyle.org.
Here are links to some of my favourite articles:
7 Best Vegan Tofu Recipes For Your Kids
20 Different Vegan Smoothie Recipes For Kids
Best Vegan Restaurants In Biel, Switzerland
10 Vegan Fast Food Recipes For Your Kids
Best Vegan Ice Cream Recipes For Your Kids
11 Vegan Dinner Ideas For Your Kids