Vegan Pineapple Recipes To Try At Your Next Party
The pineapple is one of the most adaptable fruits to use in cooking. In our recipe audio episode, we cover the many different ways you can cook with these spikey fruits, as well as the nutritional worth they contain. But now is the time to start cooking, so here are 10 delicious plant-based pineapple recipes you can try at your next party.
Health Benefits Of Eating Pineapple
Improve Immunity And Reduce Inflammation
For millennia, pineapples have been utilized in traditional medicine.
They include a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes such as bromelain, which may help to boost immunity and reduce inflammation.
In previous 9-day research, 98 healthy children ate either no pineapple, approximately 1 cup (140 grams), or approximately 2 cups (280 grams) of pineapple daily.
Those who consumed pineapple had a lower incidence of both viral and bacterial illnesses. Furthermore, the youngsters who consumed the most of this fruit had nearly four times the number of disease-fighting white blood cells as the other groups.
A 30-day study of 40 persons with chronic sinusitis found that those who took a 500-mg bromelain supplement recovered considerably faster than those who did not. Furthermore, studies have indicated that bromelain can reduce inflammation markers, consequently improving immunological health.
Furthermore, preliminary test-tube studies have discovered that bromelain supplementation, both alone and with other chemicals, may help lessen COVID-19 symptoms and slow its progression.
Still, a further human study is required. Remember that neither pineapple nor its constituents can cure or prevent COVID-19.
Manganese is a vital mineral that helps your body metabolize food, coagulate blood, and keep your bones strong. One cup of pineapple provides more than half of your daily manganese needs. This nutrient can also be found in whole grains, lentils, and black pepper.
Include Vitamins And Minerals
Pineapples include copper, thiamin, folate, potassium, magnesium, niacin, riboflavin, and iron, in addition to significant quantities of vitamin C and manganese.
When you eat anything, your body digests it. This reaction generates molecules known as free radicals. The same is valid for tobacco smoke and radiation exposure. Pineapples include a lot of flavonoids and phenolic acids, which are antioxidants that protect your cells from free radicals that cause chronic illness. More research is needed. However, bromelain has been associated with a lower risk of cancer.
Relieve Arthritis Pain
Numerous studies dating back to the 1960s have shown how effective bromelain can be in relieving the inflammatory pain associated with arthritis. It appears to exert analgesic activity by directly influencing the chemical mediators involved in our sense of pain.
Support The Cardiovascular System
Once again, bromelain appears to be beneficial to the heart and circulatory system due to its ability to prevent or reduce the severity of angina attacks and transient ischemic attacks (TIA). Bromelain is also known to break down cholesterol plaques, is responsible for artery stiffening and may contribute to atherosclerosis.
According to animal research, bromelain regulates blood clotting by reducing the formation of fibrin, a protein involved in blood coagulation.
Recovery After A Workout
When your muscles work hard, they develop inflammation, which causes the dreaded pain that can keep you out of commission for up to three days. However, incorporating pineapple into your post-exercise smoothie may allow you to return to your workout routine sooner.
“The anti-inflammatory properties of pineapple may calm muscles and aid in their recovery,” Zumpano says.
Vitamin C And The High Seas
Despite its rough surface, the pineapple is a sign of warmth and welcome. This dates back to the 17th century when American colonists took risky trade routes to bring pineapple from the Caribbean Islands and share it with guests. Pineapple is also beneficial to your immune system: One cup contains more than 100% of your daily intake of cell-protecting, collagen-producing vitamin C.
Is There Any Danger In Eating Pineapple?
Pineapples are not commonly associated with allergies. Unless you have a known pineapple allergy, eating them is considered very low risk. Of course, if you have allergies to pineapple you might want to avoid pineapple and pineapple extracts.
Diabetes patients should be cautious of serving quantities to maintain stable blood sugar levels.
Even if you don't have an allergy or diabetes, overeating pineapple — more than a couple servings a day — can have unforeseen consequences.
Bromelain, for example, may affect blood coagulation. As a result, persons who use blood thinners should consume pineapple in moderation.
Those sensitive to bromelain may also feel tongue burning or itching, as well as nausea or diarrhea. According to some, consuming unripe pineapple causes stomach distress, nausea, and diarrhea. Again, this has not been researched. The flesh should be light to medium golden in colour.
How To Select A Quality Pineapple For Any Recipes
A mature pineapple, like most fruits, is sweet and juicy. On the other hand, unripe fruit will have a dull, dry, or acidic flavour. Unlike avocados, peaches, and bananas, pineapple does not continue to ripen after it has been picked, thus, putting it on the counter to ripen will not assist.
It doesn't have to be challenging to find a decent one. Here are a few tips for selecting a juicy, sweet pineapple.
Easy Pineapple Recipes
1. Grilled Pineapple
Pineapple is low in calories because it is mainly made up of water, making it ideal for those attempting to lose weight. Its vitamins can also aid with cholesterol reduction and eye health.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Servings: 6
- Whole allspice: 5
- Cane sugar: 2 tablespoons
- Shredded coconut: 4 tablespoons
- Pineapple: 1
- Vegetable oil: 2 tablespoons
- Maple syrup: 6 tablespoons
- In a mortar, grind spices and sugar together. Toast coconut in a dry pan over medium heat until lightly golden, turning often. On a plate, allow cooling.
- Pineapple should be peeled, sliced thickly, and oiled.
- Cook pineapple on a hot, greased grill until browned on both sides, then turn and sprinkle with allspice sugar. On a platter, arrange the pineapple slices. Drizzle with maple syrup and a sprinkling of shredded coconut before serving.
2. Pineapple Jalapeño Popsicles
These Pineapple Jalapeño Popsicles are one-of-a-kind and delectable! The pineapple's icy cold sweetness hits your tongue simultaneously as the Jalapeño's heat kicks in.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 4 hours | Servings: 10 popsicles
Ingredients For The Juice Pops
- Jalapeño peppers: 1-2
- Pineapple juice fresh or canned: 3 cups
- Dark rum optional: 3 tablespoons
Ingredients For The Whole Fruit Pops
- Pineapple: 1 small or ½ large
- Jalapeño peppers: 1-2
- Dark rum optional: 3 tablespoon
- Trim the tops off the peppers and thinly slice them for the JUICE POPS. Remove the seeds if you don't want a lot of heat. Combine them with the juice and, if desired, the rum. Alternatively, finely chop the peppers and combine them with the liquid before pouring them into the mould.
- When adding sliced peppers, be in mind that they may float to the top. If you want the peppers to be evenly distributed throughout the pop, freeze half of the juice and peppers first, then add the remainder.
- Remove the rind and core from the pineapple, give it a rough chop, and purée it in a food processor for the WHOLE FRUIT POPS. You'll need around 3 cups.
- Slice or dice the peppers and add them to the puree, along with the rum if you're using it.
- Fill the moulds to the tops, adjusting the pepper slices as needed.
- Cover the mould with foil and insert the sticks for either variant.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours or overnight until solid.
- Fill your sink halfway with hot tap water to unmold the pops. For 15 seconds, immerse the mould up to, but not over, the top edge. Immerse for a few more seconds if the pops aren't easily sliced out.
- Place in freezer in plastic baggies.
3. Vegan Pineapple Honey
Is it even feasible to have vegan honey? Yes, it certainly is! Today, I'll show you how two basic ingredients may be combined to make a sweet, gooey, thick syrup that will satisfy any vegan's honey cravings. This is a delicious vegan honey substitute that both kids and adults alike.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour | Servings: ½ cup
- Pineapple juice: 1 cup
- Coconut sugar: 1 cup
- Prepare a pan and a spoon for stirring. I prefer to cook in a non-stick pan because it is easier to clean.
- Fill the pan with pineapple juice and sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a light boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to a low setting and keep the mixture at a constant simmer.
- Stir the mixture often to maintain it smooth and prevent it from burning. After around 15 minutes, the combinations will have thickened and turned sticky. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside for a few minutes once it has reached the desired consistency.
- Fill a glass jar with the mixture… YUM!!!
4. Pineapple And Cinnamon Tea Cookies
My favourite tea biscuits are these pineapple cinnamon tea cookies. They're a big hit with the crowd, and they don't require a lot of ingredients. This recipe is fantastic since it can be used to make cakes, muffins, or even cake pops with ease.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Servings: 12
- Pineapple slices: 3
- Agave syrup: 2 tablespoons
- Cinnamon: 1 tablespoon
- Vegan butter: 2 ounces
- Sugar: 2 ounces
- All-purpose flour: 2 ounces
- Baking powder: ½ tablespoon
- Egg replacer: 1 tablespoon
- Dash of coconut shavings
- Dry green tea (optional): 1 tablespoon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Pineapples should be cut into small pieces. Combine the agave syrup, pineapple, and cinnamon in a mixing dish. Remove from the equation. Prepare the cake batter in a separate basin with the flour, butter, coconut, sugar, baking powder, and egg substitute. Check the instructions on the box before adding the egg replacer. If you want to add some more taste, you can add some matcha powder.
- Take a tray or a silicone cake pop mould and get ready to make some cake pops. Cake batter should be poured into each hole, and pineapple chunks should be sprinkled on top. Because the batter will rise during baking, make sure each hole isn't completely filled. Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 25 minutes.
- When ready, set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar.
5. Golden Pineapple Curry
This recipe was inspired by Malaysian cuisine. This variation, which is traditionally served with prawns and cooked with a lot of oil, is oil-free and uses tofu (because tofu is boss). Any dish in Malaysia or Indonesia that contains the word “Lemak” is certain to be rich and delectable. This is no different.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour | Servings: 5
Ingredients For The Curry Sauce
- Garlic cloves, peeled and left whole: 5
- Shallots, peeled and left whole: 2
- Ginger, peeled and left whole: 1 thumb-sized
- Fresh turmeric, peeled and left whole: 1 thumb-sized
- Dried red chillies stem taken off and left whole: 4
- Sea salt: 1 teaspoon
- Water: ¾ cup
- Full fat coconut milk: 1½ cups
- Cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces: 1 cup
- Bell pepper, cut into chunks: 1
- Green cabbage sliced: 2 cups
- Pineapple, cut into bite-sized pieces: 1 cup
- Firm tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces: 2 cups
- Cilantro: 1 cup
- To make the curry sauce, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a blender and process for 2 minutes, or until totally smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a skillet and add the coconut milk, cauliflower, bell pepper, cabbage, pineapple, tofu, and cilantro. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
6. Grilled Pineapple And Dark Chocolate Oatmeal
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Servings: 6
- Fresh pineapple rings: 1 or 2
- Plant-based milk of choice: ¾ cup
- Quick cook steel-cut oats: ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract (optional): ¼ teaspoon
- Pinch of salt
- Vegan chopped dark chocolate (or chocolate chips): 2-3 tablespoons
- Cook your pineapple on the grill. I didn't add any sweeteners or flavours to the pineapple; I simply cooked it as is. Patience is required. It will take about 10-15 minutes to complete this stage.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the liquid (I used ½ cup coconut milk and ¼ cup water) to a moderate boil. Reduce the heat to a low and add the oats. Half of the grilled pineapple should be cut up and added to the oats (I added ½ a ring). Salt and vanilla extract (if using). Stir.
- Transfer your oats to a bowl once it has reached your desired consistency. Top with chopped dark chocolate and the remaining grilled pineapple rings (you can leave them in rings or cut them into smaller pieces). Add a splash of more milk and any extra toppings (nuts, pomegranate seeds, etc.).
7. Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice
This Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice is a healthier alternative to your favorite take-out meal! It's a quick vegan meal that's ideal for hectic weeknights.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 4
- Yellow onion, diced: 1
- Garlic, minced: 3 cloves
- Carrots, diced: ½ cup
- Red bell pepper, diced: 1
- Cooked brown rice: 3 cups
- Corn, canned or frozen: ½ cup
- Green peas, canned or frozen: ½ cup
- Organic soy sauce or liquid aminos: ¼ cup
- Sriracha: ½ – 1 tablespoon
- Pineapple chopped: 1½ cups
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
- In a wok or large skillet over medium heat, warm a little water or oil. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until onions begin to brown.
- Garlic, carrots, and bell pepper are added to the pan. Cook for 5-7 more minutes, until carrots and bell pepper, are soft. Stir the mixture constantly.
- Stir together the cooked rice, corn, green peas, soy sauce, and Sriracha. Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the rice is heated. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes after adding the pineapple.
- Serve with sliced green onion and chopped peanuts.
8. Pineapple And Peanut Stir Fry
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 5
- Pineapple: 1 small
- Chopped red bell pepper: ½
- Sliced onion: 1 small
- Finely chopped tomato: 1 large
- Peanuts: ½ cup
- Vegetable stock cube: 1
- Fresh herbs (chopped, to garnish)
- Cut the pineapple flesh into chunks after removing the pineapple meat. Any natural juices should be saved in a cup and placed aside.
- In a frying pan, combine the pineapple, chopped tomatoes, peppers, and onions and cook for five minutes, stirring regularly. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for another five minutes after adding the pineapple juice and stock cube.
- Finally, add the peanuts and some freshly chopped herbs to finish.
9. Pineapple Guacamole
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Servings: 4
- Organic avocados: 2
- Organic pineapple –1 cup
- Organic jalapeño: ½ – 1
- Organic garlic (freshly crushed): 2 cloves
- Organic onion cilantro: ¼
- Himalayan pink salt: ½ teaspoon
- Prepare the pineapple by slicing it and dividing it into two ½ cup portions.
- In a food processor, mix all of the ingredients (except one of the ½ cup portions of chopped pineapple) and process until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ½ cup cubed pineapple in a small bowl until everything is well blended.
- Seasonings can be tweaked to taste.
To keep your loved ones healthy and satisfied, you may try these vegan pineapple recipes; let us know if you have any queries.
I trust you enjoyed this article about the Vegan Pineapple Recipes To Try At Your Next Party. Please stay tuned for more blog posts to come shortly. Take care!
>>>Want To Learn How To Create Delicious, Cruelty-Free, Healthy AND 100% Vegan Meals? Try These Awesome Vegan Cooking Courses With A Free 7-DAY MEMBERSHIP<<<
Your Opinion Is Important To Me
Ideas? Thoughts? Questions? I would love to hear from you. Would you please leave me your questions, experience, and remarks about this article on the Vegan Pineapple Recipes To Try At Your Next Party, in the comments section below? You can also reach me by email at Jeannette@LivingTheVeganLifestyle.org.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure.