Most Delicious Vegan Keto Snack Recipes
Low-carb and high-fat snacks can be beneficial if you don't fully adhere to the keto diet. They frequently employ only a few ingredients, so you'll be satisfied for longer than 20 minutes after breakfast. Purchase store-bought bars and balls might add to your shopping bill. Whether new to keto or a seasoned pro, these 8 dishes will satisfy your snacking cravings.
Health Benefits Of Keto Snacks
1. Reduced Appetite
Dieting's worst negative effect is usually hunger. It is one of the primary reasons why so many individuals are unhappy and eventually give up.
On the other hand, a low-carb diet causes an automatic decrease in appetite. Studies demonstrate that when people eat fewer carbs and more protein and fat, they consume much fewer calories.
2. More Weight Loss
One of the most straightforward and efficient strategies to reduce weight is to cut carbs. According to studies, low-carb diets lose weight faster than low-fat diets, even when the latter is intentionally calorie-restricted.
This is because low-carb diets assist your body in ridding itself of excess water, lowering insulin levels and resulting in rapid weight loss in the first week or two.
In trials comparing low-carb and low-fat diets, participants who reduced their carbs lost 2–3 times as much weight — without feeling hungry.
In one research on obese adults, a low-carb diet was more effective than a traditional weight-loss diet for up to six months. Following then, the difference in weight reduction between diets was negligible.
3. Controls Blood Pressure
Hypertension, or high blood pressure, is a significant risk factor for various disorders, including heart disease, stroke, and kidney failure. Low-carb diets effectively control blood pressure, lowering your risk of certain diseases and allowing you to live longer.
4. Increased ‘Good' HDL Cholesterol Levels
High-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol is also known as “good” cholesterol. The higher your HDL levels compared to your “bad” LDL levels, the lower your risk of heart disease. Eating fat is one of the best methods to boost “good” HDL levels and low-carb diets are high in fat.
As a result, it is not surprising that HDL levels climb significantly on healthy, low-carb diets but only moderately or even plummet on low-fat diets.
5. Reduced Blood Sugar And Insulin Levels
Low-carb and ketogenic diets can also help patients with diabetes and insulin resistance, affecting millions globally. According to studies, reducing carbs considerably decreases blood sugar and insulin levels. Some diabetics who begin a low-carb diet may need to reduce their insulin dosage by half immediately.
In one study, 95% of people with type 2 diabetes reduced or discontinued their glucose-lowering medication within six months.
Consult your doctor before changing your carbohydrate consumption if you use blood sugar medication, as your dosage may need to be adjusted to prevent hypoglycemia.
8 Vegan Keto Snack Recipes
1. Cheesy Keto Pizza Cups
In this delicious keto pizza recipe, we are using a pizza sauce with no sugar added. We use vegan mozzarella, plant-based cream cheese, and two kinds of flour for the dough.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes | Servings: 2
- Full-fat vegan cream cheese: 1 oz
- Hand-grated vegan mozzarella cheese: 1½ cups
- Aquafaba: 3 tablespoons
- Mill almond flour: 1 cup
- Coconut flour: 2 tablespoons
- Pizza sauce: ⅓ cup
- Shredded vegan cheddar cheese: ⅓ cup
- Mini pepperoni slices: ⅛ cup
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the vegan cream cheese and mozzarella in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stirring several times.
- Add the beaten aquafaba egg and mix quickly until the ball forms. Knead by hand until slightly sticky, adding more almond flour as needed.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll out a portion between two sheets of greased parchment paper using a rolling pin. Repeat with the remaining dough, then press each piece into prepared muffin moulds to form little dough cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- If desired, remove from the oven and top with sauce, vegan cheddar, and pepperoni. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately after removing the muffin tins.
2. Keto Jalapeño Poppers
Keto Jalapeño Poppers are delicious! The crunchy crunch of the bacon, the fresh bite of the jalapeño pepper, and the warmed cream cheese combine to create an actual taste explosion.
They're also straightforward to create, taking only a few minutes to prepare. These can be made in the air fryer or the oven. Plus, depending on how many people you're serving, this dish easily scales up or down.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes | Servings: 6
- Vegan cream cheese, softened: 6 oz
- Ranch seasoning mix: 1 tablespoon
- Jalapeños: 6, cut in half with seeds and veins removed
- Vegan bacon: 6 slices, cut in half
- Combine the plant-based cream cheese and the ranch seasoning blend in a small bowl.
- Toss the jalapeños with the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap the bacon halves around the jalapeños. Using a toothpick, secure the bacon.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes at 400°F in the air fryer basket or until the bacon is crispy to your liking.
3. Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
When you want dessert but don't want to bake and want to stay keto? Buckeyes on the keto diet come to the rescue! These chocolate peanut butter fat bombs are prepared with nutritious peanut butter and peanut flour, making them healthy enough to eat as a snack. Still, peanut butter and chocolate flavours make them feel like desserts.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes | Servings: 48
- Natural peanut butter: 1 cup
- Plant-based butter: 6 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- Sea salt: ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Besti powdered monk fruit allulose blend: ⅔ cup
- Peanut flour (no sugar added): ⅔ cup
- Sugar-free vegan dark chocolate
- Using parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- Combine the peanut butter, melted butter, vanilla, and sea salt in a large mixing basin. To make the mixture smooth, use a hand mixer.
- Besti powdered monk fruit allulose blend and peanut flour should be mixed in until smooth—season with salt to taste.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 20 minutes if it is too sticky or thin to work with.
- To chill your hands, wash them with cold water. Scoop the peanut butter mixture with a small cookie scoop, shape the balls as desired, and place them on the lined baking sheet. Working swiftly and avoiding excessive contact with the balls will prevent them from melting.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes or until the peanut butter balls are firm.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Chocolate Dip Layer
- In a double boiler on the stove, melt the chocolate chunks. Heat the chocolate until it is completely melted and smooth, stirring occasionally.
- In the center of each peanut butter ball, insert a toothpick. Dip each ball in the melted chocolate, leaving a small amount of peanut butter visible on top. Remove the toothpicks and smooth over the holes with your fingers before returning to the baking sheet.
- Optional step: If you have any leftover chocolate, sprinkle it over the sugar-free buckeyes.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
4. Keto Granola Bars
This No-Bake Homemade Keto Granola Bars recipe requires 6 ingredients and takes only 10 minutes to prepare. My delectable and nutritious granola bars are ideal to have in your purse for emergencies or to bring to work in your lunchbox. This dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, Trim Healthy Mama-friendly low-carb granola bar recipe is excellent for everybody.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes | Servings: 12
- Raw almonds: 2 cups
- Unsweetened coconut flakes: 1 cup
- Xylitol: 7 tablespoons
- Erythritol: 7 tablespoons
- Coconut cream: ¼ cup
- Sugar-free, vegan chocolate chips: 1 cup
- Using parchment paper, line a 9 × 9 square baking pan. Use coconut oil to grease the pan. Pulse the almonds and coconut flakes in a food processor to chop them coarsely.
- Over medium-high heat, combine the sweeteners and coconut cream. Cook, constantly stirring, until the mixture thickens and turns golden brown.
- Combine the almonds and coconut flakes with the syrup in a mixing bowl. Pour into the pan that has been prepared. Using a spatula or a wooden spoon, flatten the dough. On top of the hot nut mixture, sprinkle the chocolate chips. It should be hot enough for them to melt and stick a little.
- Bring to room temperature before serving. Refrigerate for 30 minutes at the very least. Remove the parchment paper from the baking pan. Using a sharp knife, cut the granola bars.
5. Low Carb Keto Tortilla Chips
This Low Carb Keto Tortilla Chips Recipe will quickly become one of your favourites! This is the dish to make when you want crispy chips with salsa, guacamole, or queso.
We had no intention of giving up tortilla chips because we were following a ketogenic diet. As a result, we figured out a way to add them! You won't believe how simple creating our Low Carb Tortilla Chips at home is.
Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 12 minutes | Total time: 37 minutes | Servings: 6
- Shredded vegan mozzarella: ½ cup
- Almond flour: ½ cup
- Golden flaxseed meal: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper: ⅛ teaspoon or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Use parchment paper or Silpat liners to line two large baking sheets.
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt the cheese. If you're using the microwave, put the cheese in a large glass bowl and microwave it for 1 minute, then check and stir every 15 seconds until it's completely melted.
- After the cheese has melted, stir in the almond flour, flaxseed meal, salt, and pepper with a fork. Knead it a little with your hands until it resembles dough. (If the dough cools too much, you may need to reheat it in the microwave for a few seconds to make it easier to handle.)
- Make two equal balls out of the dough. Each dough ball should be spread or rolled onto the prepared baking sheets into an 8 by 10-inch rectangle. Make square or triangle-shaped chips out of each. Make sure the chips aren't touching on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown on both sides, flipping halfway through.
- Serve immediately, or keep the chips in an airtight jar at room temperature for up to 3 days. Bake the chips for 5 minutes at 350°F to re-crisp them after the first day.
6. Keto Chocolate Mousse
This delectable low-carb and keto chocolate mousse is simple to create. Heavy cream, sugar, unsweetened chocolate, and vanilla are the only ingredients, and no chilling is required!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes | Servings: 4
- Coconut whipping cream: 1 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: ¼ cup, sifted
- Powdered sweetener: ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- Kosher salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Using a whisk, whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, sweetener, vanilla, and salt until well blended.
- It serves 4 people.
7. Cheesy Baked Cauliflower
Baked Cauliflower with Cheesy Sauce Tots is low-carb and gluten-free. These cauliflower tater tots are ideal for a bite-sized snack! You can also use them as a tasty Keto side dish.
Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 32 minutes | Total time: 62 minutes | Servings: 4
- Cauliflower: 1 medium head, coarsely chopped
- Sharp vegan cheddar cheese: ⅓
- Vegan parmesan cheese: ¼ cup, coarsely grated
- Almond flour: 2 teaspoons
- Vege-Sal or slightly less regular salt: ½ teaspoon
- Spike seasoning or another all-purpose seasoning blend: ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Vegan egg: 1
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Nonstick spray a Mini Muffin Pan that makes 24 muffins.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower, but keep most of the interior core.
- Cauliflower should be coarsely chopped, placed in a microwave-safe bowl, covered with cling film, and microwaved for 2 minutes on high. Remove the cling wrap quickly to allow the steam to escape, and if there is any water in the bottom of the dish, drain it by placing the cauliflower in a sieve.
- In a food processor, combine the cauliflower and the steel blade, and pulse until the cauliflower is finely chopped but still slightly chunky. Drain the cauliflower in the colander again if there is water in the food processor bowl.
- Add the sharp cheddar, coarsely grated Parmesan, almond flour, Vege-Sal or salt, Spike seasoning (or any seasoning you choose), and fresh-ground black pepper to a bowl of finely chopped cauliflower.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Stir in the vegan egg until the ingredients are primarily covered in it.
- Scoop out rounded spoonfuls of the mixture and arrange them in the mini muffin pan with a tablespoon cookie scoop or a steel one-tablespoon measuring spoon. Bake for 15 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit.
- Turn each cauliflower tot in the muffin tin carefully and bake for another 15 minutes or until both sides are well browned.
- Serve hot, straight from the oven.
8. Keto Roasted Cauliflower
This easy keto-roasted cauliflower hummus dish comes together quickly with tahini, lemon juice, and roasted garlic. It has all the rich flavours of regular hummus but with half the carbohydrates!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes | Servings: 8
- Cauliflower: 1 medium head, cut into florets
- Garlic: 3 cloves
- Olive oil: 3 tablespoons
- Tahini: ⅓ cup
- Lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
- Sea salt: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin: ¼ teaspoon
- Lakanto liquid monk fruit sweetener: 5-10 drops (optional)
- Paprika: 1 dash (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Toss the cauliflower and garlic with olive oil on a baking sheet. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cauliflower and garlic are soft. Allow 5 minutes for cooling.
- Combine the cooked cauliflower, garlic, and additional ingredients in a food processor. Blend until completely smooth—season with salt and pepper to taste. If necessary, more olive oil can be added.
- To serve, pour the mixture into a small bowl. To serve, sprinkle paprika and parsley over the top. Drizzle a little olive oil on top if desired. Serve with chips and low-carb vegetables.
Low-carb diets can be helpful, especially those emphasizing high-quality, nutritious foods. Before making any dramatic dietary changes, consult with your doctor. The Atkins and keto diets are low-carb diets that may help with weight loss, diabetes management, and heart health.
The primary difference is that you progressively increase your carb intake on the Atkins diet. In contrast, the keto diet remains deficient, allowing your body to stay in ketosis and use ketones for energy.
Though the more stringent keto diet may assist some people, a modest carb restriction — such as during the later stages of the Atkins diet — is sufficient for most people to reap the benefits of a low-carb diet. I hope you will try and love these keto snacks as much as we do.
I trust you enjoyed this article about the Most Delicious Vegan Keto Snack Recipes. Please stay tuned for more blog posts to come shortly. Take care!
>>>Want To Learn How To Create Delicious, Cruelty-Free, Healthy AND 100% Vegan Meals? Try These Awesome Vegan Cooking Courses With A Free 7-DAY MEMBERSHIP<<<
Your Opinion Is Important To Me
Ideas? Thoughts? Questions? I would love to hear from you. Please leave me your questions, experience, and remarks about the Most Delicious Vegan Keto Snack Recipes article in the comments section below. You can also reach me by email at Jeannette@LivingTheVeganLifestyle.org.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate and other affiliate programs. Please read my full disclosure.