Best Cruelty-Free Vegan Clothing Brands
Nowadays, veganism is a new lifestyle. It is not just about refusing to eat meat and animal-related products. It is a way of cherishing humans and nature. We have seen how cruel humans can get. We have seen the peak of humans' selfishness. Sometimes, people care about themselves and don’t see life in a bigger scheme.
For several hundred years, we humans have been responsible for killing millions of animals and destroying nature. Why? The biggest derive to this insanity is the fact that we need more food. Perhaps, you don’t take it seriously. However, when we look at the issue differently, we will see where we made a mistake.
The food industry is cruel! It acts as a killing machine. We have gotten used to imprisoning cows, pigs, chickens, and many other animals for the sake of our killing and eating pleasures. We call these animals domestic. However, they would completely disagree with you. They need to walk around, get socialized, play with each other, and basically do whatever humans need to do. But we put them in a horrible place without fresh air, sunlight, enough food and water.
For example, chickens are always forced to lay eggs more than their capabilities. Egg farmers buy the young chicks, let them grow up and then take their eggs away from them before they get the taste of eggs. If they do, they can't be used any longer and have to be killed. Those chickens are laying eggs for the farmer for one year. Then the whole flock gets killed and disposed of.
The farmer buys a new flock of chicks and the same happens over and over again. Or, when they get sick, nobody will try to treat them. Or, even worse, farmers usually inject loads of antibiotics into their bodies to make them grow faster. The same is true with cows and other livestock.
For example, you will be shocked to know that when a cow gives birth to a newborn baby, they immediately separate them so that the baby cannot use its mothers' milk. Both animals are crying and want to be together. Once the mother has no more milk to give she will get impregnated again and the same story happens again.
And all of this suffering is caused by us wanting to add milk to our coffee, eating cheese, yogurt, sour cream and other dairy products. We enjoy our dairy products without knowing these terrible things. There are more disturbing stories from the food industry to tell. However, I'm going to talk about the bright side.
Every day, more and more people are turning vegan. It is a lifestyle that saves you from all those negative feelings. It also helps you let other animals live and enjoy their life. So, who is a vegan individual? What do vegans do? Is it just about not eating animal-related products?
Or, are there other things involved? If you are interested in knowing the answer to these questions, I suggest that you stay with us until the end of this article. First, we will explain who a vegan individual is and then talk about the advantages of veganism. Finally, we will introduce some of the most popular cruelty-free and non-toxic vegan clothing brands. Let's get started.
Who Is A Vegan?
Many people think that veganism is just about not eating meat and other animal-related product. However, food is just one part of the vegan lifestyle. There is much more to veganism. By definition, veganism is not just about your food habits. In fact, it is more of a lifestyle.
What do I mean by that? When you are a vegan, for starters, you will not eat meat. Also, you will not consume any animal-related products such as milk, ice cream, eggs, etc. There are other things too. As a vegan, you will not wear any clothes made out of animal skin. So, leather, silk, wool, and fur are out of the picture. You will not wear them either.
>>>Click here to read my article on Living The Vegan Lifestyle<<<
What Are The Benefits Of Veganism?
Veganism is good and practical for nature and animals and incredibly beneficial for you as an individual. Here are some of the most important benefits of veganism.
1. Reduced Risk Of Cancer
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), meat is categorized as one of the most carcinogenic products. Meats like bacon and pepperoni sausages could increase cancer risk by 20 percent. Not only meat but also dairy is a carcinogen and bad for our health. A plant-based diet substantially reduces the risk of cancer.
2. Reduced Risk Of Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiovascular disease is one of the most common causes of death in the world. Every day, thousands of people die of heart failure. Eating meat and other animal-related products increase the chance of getting one of these diseases.
First of all, meat has high amounts of saturated and trans fats. This leads to a high amount of blood cholesterol. What comes next are conditions such as stroke, peripheral artery disease, and heart disease. There is also a high risk of high blood pressure due to animal products.
3. Reduced Risk Of Diabetes
An interesting study has shown that people who usually eat more fruits, vegetables, and nuts reduce the chance of getting diabetes by a whopping 60%, which is excellent. Also, many experts say that with a healthy plant-based diet, you will reverse the negative side effects of diabetes.
4. Improved Mood
It has been shown that people who eat plant-based foods show fewer symptoms of depression than people with a normal diet, including meat and animal-related products. You should know that depression is sometimes associated with long-chain fatty acids, which are present in meat.
In contrast, vegan food has more complex carbohydrates, which are responsible for producing the hormone serotonin in the brain. Guess what! Serotonin is often associated with a good mood.
5. Boycott Animal Testing
Another great thing about becoming a vegan is that you will not tolerate it when cosmetic companies and other corporations do tests on animals. For example, when fashion and beauty companies develop a new formula to make people more attractive, they will usually test these compounds on animals, which is cruel. This has to be stopped. There are other ways of testing new products. So please, let's stop treating our animals with such cruelty. They will not understand why they must live in misery and desperation and suffer so much.
6. Natural Ingredients
Neurological or immune issues might arise from applying different skin chemicals. These chemicals are usually adsorbed very fast and have negative consequences in the long term. If you become a vegan, you will not use normal cosmetic products.
In return, you must use organic compounds from real flowers, essential oils, and plant extracts. Treating skin irritations and boosting the anti-inflammatory characteristics of compounds are some examples.
The list can go on and on. Healthier skin, refusing to buy from the leather industry, not advertising for the wool industry, and becoming more sustainable are other reasons to become a vegan concerning food, clothes, and everything else. I should mention that our planet earth will also benefit from our actions as a vegan.
First of all, we are going to stop producing greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. Also, the smaller water footprint will make nature stabilize itself earlier. Moreover, we will not continue deforestation and save the seas and bees. The bottom line is that becoming a vegan is one of the most reasonable steps we should take.
Vegan Clothing Brands
Now, several global brands know exactly what they are dealing with. These brands know the problem is not just about eating meat or animal-related products. The problem is much bigger as many people prefer to pay more but buy leather, fur, exotic skins, and other animal-derived material.
So, veganism has influenced fashion designers to develop new styles and patterns reflecting the nature of veganism in people. These new styles are much more ethical, eco-friendly, and beneficial for users and nature. Now, we will introduce some of these innovative brands and some of their products.
So, as we said before, veganism is not just about food and what we eat. It encompasses many things, including clothing brands. So, from now on, we will focus on cruelty-free vegan clothing. What are those brands that don’t protect animals from suffering just for the sake of human beauty? And what are their products? Where can we find and buy them? Be prepared to find the answer to all your questions here.
this is one of the most famous vegan clothing brands. Here are a bunch of points about it.
- They produce different types of products with great variation. For example, the brand produces clothing and accessories.
- Their clothing category has six subcategories: outerwear, sweats + hoodies, T-shirts, long-sleeve T-shirts, trousers, and batches + bundles.
- Their accessories category has five subcategories as well. They are hats, bags, socks, beanies, and scarves.
- The company/brand is usually offering discounts of as much as 40% to the customers to get encouraged to get in.
- The brand is active on social platforms such as Instagram and Facebook.
- You can get wholesale enquiries too.
- If you buy something from this brand, you don’t need to be worried about shipping and refunding your money. Also, shipping is free.
- If you want to buy short-sleeve T-shirts, WAWWA is one of your best choices. You will buy something nice and elegant and not feel guilty because they don’t use animal-related products in their clothes.
- In the following section, I will mention one or two of the products from this brand.
Magpul Men's CVC Crew Neck T-Shirt for Men T-Shirt
- This is one of the most diverse T-shirts. Amazingly, this T-Shirt has more than 20 different colours.
- It is from the brand Magpul.
- It costs about $25.17.
- It is 60% and 40% made out of polyester and cotton, respectively.
- You can easily wash it with the machine.
- It is made in the US.
Details of Magpul Men's CVC
- Package Dimensions : 21.08 x 12.19 x 5.33 cm; 85.05 grams
- Date First Available: 11 Mar. 2020
- Manufacturer: Magpul
- Item model number: MAG1134
- ASIN: B084P1BDD6
- Department: Men's
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 319,327 in Clothing
Magpul Men's R&r Plaid Short Sleeve Button-up Shirt
- This one costs $54.95.
- It comes in only one colour, which is the sky.
- It is appropriate for the summer because it is short sleeve.
- Also, when you wash it, it is resistant to wrinkling.
- The fabric isn't annoying, and you can wear it all day long.
Details Of Men's R&r Plaid Shirt
- Date First Available: 14 Nov. 2018
- Manufacturer: Magpul Industries Corp.
- Item model number: MAG892
- ASIN: B07KG1YCWL
Just check out for more information about this brand on Amazon. As I checked them, there are mainly T-shirts available from this brand.
This is another famous brand that produces clothes without causing animals to suffer. They have tried to follow all ethical codes while producing their products. Also, they are stepping in the path of sustainable fashion. Here is some basic information if you want to know more about this brand.
- Hannah Vincent and Rob Marsh are managing the brand. In fact, they are based in East London and are considered the founders of WYNAD clothing.
- The company was established in 2017.
- Do you know what the word WYNAD means? Why is the company named WYNAYD? It is because the company's founders participated in a rural development charity named TGG Foundation in the district of Wayanad in India.
- They have been responsible for some great ideas. For example, they had a project called the woman empowerment centre. The idea was to help homemakers earn some money to contribute to a stitching workshop where they could learn how to do business.
- Then, their work started to expand in the entire India.
- They are extremely committed to not using materials and production methods that cause suffering to other animals, ruin the earth, and negatively affect people in the process.
- They opened their first collection soon after that, in 2018.
- Everybody is amazed by their prints, excellent cuts, and designs.
- The company is active on many social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- One thing that I enjoyed the most was the elegance and simplicity of their products. The brand doesn’t try to force you to become more luxurious with your clothes. It tries to let you wear something that doesn’t ruin our planet and can help others stand on their feet and make money in developing countries like India.
What Types Of Clothing Does WYNAD Brand Offer In The Market?
The company usually offers T-shirts, but they have some other products too. Here, we will introduce some of their designs. Let's get started. You might enjoy it and want to buy from them too.
BLACK TEE. ORGANIC COTTON. RED LOGO AND WYNAD STRIPE
- It is for men.
- It is available in small, medium, large, and XL sizes.
- It costs £25.00.
- Made from 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton. What does it mean? It means that farmers have used no harmful pesticides or any other biocides to bring up the plants.
- The best choice for the summer season.
- The group of people does-Printing and stitching at Freeset Global in India. This organization has successfully allowed women to get independent, learn, and develop their skills. Many people believe that the more women this clothing brand are taken care of, the more freedom they will get. This is quite true because, without this job, they have to go into the sex trade, which is very common for women in this area.
LONG KIMONO. LOTUS FABRIC. ABSTRACT PRINT WITH YELLOW BORDER
- This product is for women.
- It is a bit expensive. It costs £100.00.
- made from natural lotus fibres,
- the product comes with side pockets, black lining, an abstract print design with a yellow border and a WYNAD loop label in the bottom left corner.
- It is effortless to breathe when you wear it. Also, the weight is not a lot at all.
- Just like the previous product, it is completely free from wrinkles.
- The fabric is lotus. Where does it come from? The material comes from another collaboration with another center called Fairkonnect in Bangalore, India. They are committed to following a procedure without causing pain to other animals.
- The government approves the dyes used in the clothes in Bangalore.
- One house in Bangalore, Jacobs Well production house, is responsible for stitching. This is another semi-start-up organization that helps people learn new skills and do it professionally. It is a great chance for people who like to establish their businesses.
SLIP DRESS. ORGANIC COTTON. BLACK, WHITE TEE,
ORGANIC COTTON. RED LOGO AND WYNAD STRIPE, and
SHORT-SLEEVED BOWLING SHIRT. ORGANIC COTTON. LEAF PRINT
is some other famous product of this brand. So, check it out if you find them interesting.
>>>Here is the link if you want to check WYNAD's products<<<
This brand is considered responsible for people's tastes and sense of fashion. They have clothes for both men and women. Their motto is sustainable clothing & ethical fashion. Here are some basics to know about this brand.
- They discuss three elements in their About Us section when you go to their website. So, it means that those three elements matter to them a lot.
- Three important elements are advertising eco-responsible fashion, minimizing our bad impact on the planet, and a strict selection. For the first one (eco-responsible fashion), they beautifully believe that you should not sacrifice the planet just for design and beauty.
- They believe style and respecting nature should come together. The second one uses ecological and sustainable materials such as recycled fibres, vegetables, or natural fibres like organic cotton, linen, etc. And, for the last one (a strict selection), this brand has tried to respect all the employees, workers, and artisans. The brand is compassionate to follow all European labour laws.
- KLOW is one of the pioneers in the market for the diversity of clothes.
- For men, they provide products in two categories, including clothing and accessories. T-shirts & Polo shirts, shirts, knits & denim collections, pants & shorts, jackets & coats, underwear & socks, and bathing suits are subcategories of clothing. The same diversity is true with the accessories category. They offer bags, hats & scarves, computer pouches, the art of living, sunglasses, and belts under the accessories category.
- The same categories exist for women as well.
- Also, they have special vintage clothes for women and offer vintage style.
- The brand KLOW has a magazine that produces food, DIY, culture, mode, etc. So, you can get useful information from there too.
>>>Here is the link if you want to check Klow's products<<<
What About Other Big Names In The Industry Of Cruelty-Free And Non-Toxic, Vegan Clothing Brands
The names mentioned in this article are not alone. Many other big companies are trying to produce eco-friendly and green clothes. For example, GUNG HO, Know the Origin, The Dharma Store, Plant Faced Clothing, Compassion Over Killing Market, Vegetaryn, BoredWalk, and Veganized World are big names in the market. You can go and buy to support their business. Of course, they produce as long as people care about these issues.
You are wrong if you think that veganism is just about avoiding meat. Veganism is not just about your food habits. It gives you a new lifestyle. A lifestyle without causing animals to suffer. So, their flesh, or any other food related to them like eggs, milk, etc., are out of the picture. However, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There is a lot more to a vegan lifestyle. For example, as a vegan, you avoid wearing clothes from animal skin such as fur, silk, leather, etc.
So, you have to be very careful in selecting your clothes. Fortunately, the number of vegan clothing brands is getting more and more. So, it would be easier for people to buy clothes without feeling guilty about those poor animals dying.
This article introduced three famous vegan clothing brands and talked a bit about them. So, haven’t you decided to buy from them yet? Just visit their website. I'm sure you are going to like their products.
I trust you enjoyed reading about the Best Cruelty-Free Vegan Clothing Brands. Please stay tuned. There are more blog posts to come very shortly.
Your Opinion Is Important To Me
Ideas? Thoughts? Questions? I would love to hear from you. Please leave me your questions, experience and remarks about the Best Cruelty-Free Vegan Clothing Brands in the comments section below. You can also reach me by email at Jeannette@LivingTheVeganLifestyle.org.
You might also enjoy these blog posts:
8 Best Vegan Christmas Recipes For Your Kids
7 Best Vegan Recipes For New Year's Eve
Reasons To Start Using Vegan Beauty Products
The Definitive Guide To Vegan Fashion And Style
A Guide To The Best Vegan Accessories