8 Best Vegan Coconut Recipes For Your Kids
It is a fact that reducing your meat intake and increasing your intake of plant-based meals can help with various health issues, including allergies, digestive problems, chronic inflammation, and more!
Additionally, consuming dairy has several adverse side effects and has been related to several health issues, such as acne, hormone imbalance, cancer, and prostate cancer.
With its sweet and nutty flavour, coconut is an incredible complement to pastries. But it also shines in meals that aren't for dessert, like breakfast, dinner, and everything in between!
1. Gnocchi With Mushroom Jus And Coconut Sauce
Soft, delicious sweet potato gnocchi topped with rich mushroom jus and a beautiful coconut sauce. This delectable dish from CATCH NYC's menu will have you wanting more!
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes | Servings: 5
Ingredients For The Sweet Gnocchi
- Sweet potato: 4 cups, cooked and peeled
- Oil: 4 oz
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Pepper: 1 teaspoon
- Gluten-free flour: 1 cup
Ingredients For The Mushroom Jus
- Vegetable broth: 3 cups
- Dry Morrell mushrooms: 2 ounces
- Shallot: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
Ingredients For The Coconut Sauce
- Coconut milk: 3 cups
- Minced garlic: 1 teaspoon
- Minced shallot: 1 teaspoon
- Minced ginger: 1 teaspoon
- Fresh lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
- Sea salt: 1 teaspoon
- White pepper: 1 teaspoon
- Brown sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Canola oil: 1 teaspoon
- Bake sweet potatoes for 30 to 40 minutes at 350°F to make them tender and delicate. Remove the peel from the cooked but still hot potatoes. Put them through a rice mill and then cool them on a metal baking sheet.
- Salt and pepper must be well-mixed with the oil. After adding the oil mixture to the potatoes gradually, they should have the consistency of wet sand. Add flour when the dough mixture doesn't stick to the table.
- Form four equal-sized dough balls; cover and let sit undisturbed for 15 minutes. Form gnocchi into cylindrical shapes. Slice into 1-inch-long sections.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring a 4-quart saucepot of water to a rolling boil. Place gnocchi one hand's worth at a time.
- Take out the water, put it in the sauce-filled sauté pan, and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until the gnocchi is entirely covered.
- Heat a 12-inch sauté pan to a medium temperature, add mushrooms, shallots, and garlic, and simmer in 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add mushroom stock as soon as the garlic and shallots become transparent. When the mushrooms are tender, remove them, cut the liquid in half, and then salt and pepper them in a saucepan; shallots, ginger, and garlic sweat in oil. Add the coconut milk to the remaining ingredients and combine. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and brown sugar, followed by salt and pepper. Utilize a filter to put everything through, and keep the liquid for serving.
2. Coconut Curry Pot Pie
These vegan pot pies are delicious and cute. They have a flaky, crunchy crust with a soft, creamy coconut curry filling!
These make the perfect comfort food meal because they fill with tofu, mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, and peas. Feel free to use frozen vegetables for the fresh ones in this vegan pot pie recipe for a speedier alternative. They work well for gatherings with family and friends. The compliments on your cuisine will be endless!
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes | Servings: 6
- Water: 1 cup
- Plain flour: 4 tablespoons
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Fried firm tofu: 7 oz
- Carrot: 1 large
- Potatoes: ½ cup
- Mushrooms: 2 cups
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Mushroom seasoning powder: ½ teaspoon
- Curry powder: 1 tablespoon
- Almond milk: 1 cup
- Coconut cream: 1 cup
- Puff pastry sheets: 1.1 lbs
- Pepper to taste.
- In a small cup, mix the flour and water; set it aside.
- Add oil, fried tofu, carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms in a large skillet. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- After that, incorporate pepper, curry powder, salt, and mushroom seasoning. Before adding the water, boil the flour mixture, almond milk, and coconut cream.
- Fill each ramekin with 3–4 teaspoons of filling.
- Cut pastry to fit the size of the ramekins using a large cookie cutter, or make a square large enough to cover the tops.
- Gently press the pastry onto the ramekin's top edges. On the pastry's top, make a cross. Place in the oven and bake at 425°F for 20 minutes, until pastry is golden brown. Brush top with almond milk.
- Serve right away.
3. Cashew Coconut Granola
This simple granola recipe has many chewy cashews and coconut clusters! This nutritious granola lacks added oil, refined sugar, vegan, and gluten.
Prep time: 8 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 18 minutes | Servings: 7
- Rolled oats: 2 cups
- Raw cashews: ½ cup
- Unsweetened coconut milk: ⅓ cup
- Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon
- Sea salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Cashew butter: ⅓ cup
- Maple syrup: ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract: ½ teaspoon
- Preheat your oven to 325 °F.
- Use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to line a baking pan.
- Combine the oats, cashews, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cashew butter and maple syrup should be combined and stirred in a big basin. Depending on how smooth or soft your cashew butter is, you might need to microwave it a few times until it is spreadable.
- Stir in the vanilla essence to the wet ingredients.
- Stir until everything is thoroughly combined and coated after adding the dry ingredients to the wet ones.
- Spread the ingredients evenly into a layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 18 minutes, or until the edges of the oats start to become light golden brown (start watching at around 15 minutes).
- Place the granola back into the oven for 2-4 more minutes after taking it out of the range and topping it with the coconut.
- On the baking sheet, let the granola cool completely. As it cools, it will continue to harden.
- It is advisable to cut up large chunks before storing them in an airtight container.
4. Coconut Cilantro Sweet Potato Soup
This recipe is simple, and if you enjoy spices, you probably already have most of the ingredients. Sweet potatoes, coconut milk, onions, stock, herbs, and cilantro are the only ingredients required for this soup.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes | Servings: 10
- Sweet potatoes: 4 large
- Onion: 1 large, chopped
- Coconut oil: 1 tablespoon
- Coconut milk: 1 can
- Garam masala: 1 tablespoon
- Ground coriander: ½ teaspoon
- Ground ginger: ½ teaspoon
- Ground turmeric: 1 teaspoon
- Ground cumin: ½ teaspoon
- Vegetable broth: 4 cups
- Salt: ¾ teaspoon
- Ground pepper: ¼
- Fresh cilantro: 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Optional: top with sliced almonds
- Warm up the soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, coconut oil, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. About 8 minutes of sautéing should produce a transparent onion.
- Cook for 5 minutes while regularly tossing the sweet potatoes, garam masala, coriander, ginger, turmeric, cumin, and the remaining ½ tsp of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil after adding broth. Then cook for around 25 to 30 minutes on low heat.
- Once the sweet potatoes cook, mix the coconut milk and chopped cilantro. Allow cooling for a brief period before putting it in the food processor. After pureeing, you can garnish with more cilantro and sliced almonds.
5. Coconut Turmeric Porridge
A tasty, vegan, grain-free porridge that contains plenty of nutrients. Gut-friendly and abundant in anti-inflammatory qualities. The ideal way to start your day—is free of dairy and processed sugar.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes | Servings: 12
- Organic coconut flour: ¼ cup
- Banana: 1 large
- Organic oat milk: ¾ cup
- Water: ¼ cup
- Turmeric latte mix/blend: 2 teaspoons
- Organic coconut yogurt: 3 tablespoons
- Cinnamon to garnish/sprinkle on top
- Frozen wild blueberries to garnish
- Peel the banana, then mash it with a fork on a separate dish until it's fairly smooth. Include in a little saucepan.
- Put the coconut flour, oat milk, and water in a pot with the mashed banana and medium heat.
- Gently combine the ingredients with a whisk, ensuring no lumps. Heat to a medium level.
- Whisk together the coconut yogurt and Turmeric Latte mix until thoroughly blended.
- The natural sugars in the banana heat up after around 3 minutes of cooking.
- Serve in a bowl with cinnamon, some frozen wild blueberries, and fresh banana slices. Enjoy!
6. Coconut-Crusted French Toast
Caramelize it! This caramelized pineapple is fantastic with oatmeal, on chia puddings, and even added to salads in addition to this tropical twist on French toast!
Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 65 minutes | Servings: 6
- Fresh or canned organic pineapple: 6 slices
- Chia seeds: 1 tablespoon
- Arrowroot powder or cornstarch: 2 teaspoons
- Full-fat organic coconut milk: 1⅓ cups
- Maple syrup: 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- Unsweetened desiccated coconut: 1¼ cups
- Sourdough or other sturdy bread: 6 slices
- Coconut yogurt and finely grated lime zest for serving.
- Coconut oil for frying, divided.
- Pinch of salt.
- Set the oven to 250°F. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to a sizable nonstick skillet or frying pan and heat it to medium-high heat.
- Put the pineapple rings in the pan and cook them on each side for three to four minutes until they are brown and caramelized.
- To make the frying pan suitable for reuse, wash and dry it. In a tiny glass bowl, combine the chia seeds and water. Use a teaspoon to quickly and thoroughly mix.
- Use a food processor or blender to thoroughly combine the chia mix, arrowroot, milk, vanilla, salt, and syrup (if using).
- Place a slice of a bread-sized shallow dish with enough room to fit the batter. On a big plate, spread the dried coconut out. Each piece of bread should be lightly coated on both sides with the batter rather than soaked, resulting in soggy bread.
- Bread with batter on both sides coated with desiccated coconut. One tablespoon of coconut oil, two slices of bread coats, and the nonstick frying pan should all be placed back on the stovetop at medium heat. As the bread slices with the coconut coating are frying, drizzle a little batter over them to help the coconut stick.
- To help the coconut stick to the top of the bread before you flip it over, drizzle a little batter over the covered bread slices while they cook.
- With a spatula, turn each slice over and cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, or until it is a toasted golden brown colour.
- Keep them warm by setting them next to the cooked pineapple slices in an ovenproof dish on the middle shelf of the oven. Continue heating the French toast by adding a tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan for every two pieces of bread until it is all done.
- Served slices immediately, topped with warm pineapple, coconut yogurt, and freshly grated lime zest. If you like, pour some maple syrup on top.
7. Chickpea Lentil Coconut Curry
Making this chickpea lentil coconut curry is simple and fast. This recipe serves around 4-6 pieces, making it ideal for meal preparation and freezing. In an emergency, defrost, reheat, and do one from the freezer with rice or some warm pita bread.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 | Servings: 8
- Onion: 1
- Carrots: 3
- Garlic: 5 cloves
- Tomato paste: 1 tablespoon
- Diced tomatoes: 4 cups
- Vegetable stock: 1 cup
- Lentils: 2 cups
- Chickpeas: 2 cups
- Coconut milk: 1 cup
- Garlic powder: ½ teaspoon
- Ginger: ¼ teaspoon
- Turmeric: ¼ teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper: ¼ teaspoon
- Curry spices: 1 teaspoon
- Chopped parsley: 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Peel and finely dice the carrots, onions, and garlic.
- In a large pot, heat a tablespoon of oil along with the diced onions, carrots, and garlic. Stirring often, sauté until the vegetables are tender. Place the spices in the center of the saucepan and let them sauté while stirring to prevent burning.
- Leave the veggies aside in the pot. Mix the spices with the veggies once they have begun to brown and release their aroma (but not burn!).
- Create space in the center of the pot, add the tomato paste, and cook until it darkens. Next, combine the veggies before adding the tomato stock and diced tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste, then simmer for 20 to 30 minutes on low heat.
- Add the brown lentils, chickpeas, coconut milk, and finely chopped parsley after the sauce has thickened. After combining, cook for a further five minutes.
- Add cooked rice to the dish.
8. Crispy Coconut Cauliflower Tacos With A Sweet Mustard Sauce
These healthy, gluten-free cauliflower tacos explode with flavour and crunch. They're not only tasty but healthful. You get the same texture without the butter and oil of deep frying. You can spread the mustard sauce on your tortilla before stuffing it with your favorite taco fillings, such as salsa, jalapenos, and crunchy red cabbage.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes | Servings: 8
Ingredients For The Crispy Cauliflower
- Cauliflower, cut into florets: 1 medium
- Organic cornstarch: 2 tablespoons
- Baking soda: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Unflavoured, unsweetened plant milk: ¼ cup
- Panko breadcrumbs: ¼ cup
- Unsweetened shredded coconut: ¼ cup
- Paprika: ¾ teaspoon
- Cumin: ¼ teaspoon
- Turmeric: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Tortillas: 4
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Light Sprinkling of cayenne pepper
Ingredients For The Sweet Mustard Sauce
- Vegan mayonnaise: ⅛ cup
- Dijon mustard: ⅛ cup
- Maple syrup: ⅛ cup
- Yellow mustard: 1 teaspoon
- Turn on the 375°F oven. Use parchment paper to cover a baking sheet.
- Mix the plant milk, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda in a medium basin.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, coconut shreds, paprika, cumin, turmeric, salt, cayenne pepper, and some freshly ground black pepper in a big bowl.
- Use a cauliflower floret and dip it into the plant milk concoction, turning it over to ensure all sides are covered.
- Place the cauliflower piece in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing it down and turning it over to ensure that all sides are coated.
- Put the breaded cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower florets.
- Bake the breaded cauliflower for about 30 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. So they don't burn, keep an eye on them during the final ten minutes.
- Serve with sweet mustard sauce on a warm tortilla. Avocado, purple cabbage, thinly sliced jalapenos, and salsa are all acceptable toppings.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the sweet mustard sauce.
How Long Do Coconuts Last?
- Depending on how fresh they were when you purchased them, fresh coconuts without cracks can be stored at room temperature for up to four months.
- After cracking fresh coconut, put the pieces in a plastic container or zip-lock bag. New coconut meat fragments and shreds are also acceptable.
- Securely close the container.
- Put the container into the fridge. Fresh coconut without shredded will remain fresh for four to five days. We suggest shredding fresh coconut before using it because it will only be kept in the refrigerator for one to two days.
- Grate the whole coconut pieces, press out the juice, and store them in the freezer for extended storage. When freezing, remember to leave space in the container for expansion. In this manner, it can be preserved for up to four months.
- If you can, use fresh coconut as soon as possible. If not properly stored, coconuts quickly go rancid due to their high oil content.
With our collection of vegan coconut recipes from around the world, discover the many different shapes coconut may take! So don't miss trying these vegan coconut recipes at your home.
I trust you enjoyed this article about the 8 Best Vegan Coconut Recipes For Your Kids. Please stay tuned for more blog posts to come shortly. Take care!
>>>Want To Learn How To Create Delicious, Cruelty-Free, Healthy AND 100% Vegan Meals? Try These Awesome Vegan Cooking Courses With A Free 7-DAY MEMBERSHIP<<<
Your Opinion Is Important To Me
Ideas? Thoughts? Questions? I would love to hear from you. Would you please leave me your questions, experience, and remarks about this article on the 8 Best Vegan Coconut Recipes For Your Kids in the comments section below? You can also reach me by email at Jeannette@LivingTheVeganLifestyle.org.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate and other affiliate programs. Read my full disclosure.