The Ultimate Guide To 5 Days Vegan Challenge
Are you unsure where to begin when it comes to cooking nutritious foods? Finding a sustainable strategy when it comes to eating properly is key. This vegan weekly meal plan's purpose is to help you discover a few favorite easy vegan recipes that you'll want to prepare again and again!
Is This Vegan Meal Plan Something You'd Like To Try?
If you follow a vegan diet, this vegan meal plan is for you! This vegan meal plan includes simple vegan meals. See our Plant-Based Diet Meal Plan for more fantastic vegan meals. Consult a medical expert if you have a particularly specific diet or health condition to see if these recipes are good for you.
5 Day Vegan Meal Plan and Recipes
Here I'm sharing 3 times meal plans with recipes that will help you meet the 5 Day Vegan Challenge.
Prep Time: 5 Mins | Cooking Time: 7 mins | Serving: 1
- Whole wheat bread: 1 slice
- Olive oil: 1 teaspoon
- Small onion: ½
- 120 g (4.2oz) firm tofu, crumbled
- Chopped mushrooms: ½ cup
- Chopped Spinach: 1 cup
- Turmeric: ½ teaspoon
- Nutritional yeast flakes: 2 teaspoons
- Chopped fresh parsley: ¼ cup
- Freshly ground pepper
- Soy sauce: 2 teaspoon
- Fortified plant milk: 1 cup
- Chai tea bag: 1
- Sweetener of choice to taste
- In a frying pan, heat a teaspoon of olive oil. For a minute or two, fry the onion and tofu together. After that, add the mushrooms and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Fry for another minute after adding the spinach, soy sauce, yeast flakes, and turmeric to the pan (add a dash of water if the mixture is too dry.).
- Remove from the fire and whisk in the fresh parsley, seasoning to taste with cracked black pepper.
- Toast the bread and serve.
Heat the soy milk and tea bag/chai spices together until almost boiling, then reduce to low heat and simmer for a minute. Pour into a cup and top with sweetness to taste.
Prep Time: 2 mins | Cooking Time: 5 mins | Serving: 1
- Refried beans: ½ cup
- Sliced tomato: ½
- Whole wheat bread: 2 slices
- Vegan cheese
- Sweet chilli sauce: 2 teaspoon
- Cover one-half of whole wheat bread with refried beans, sliced tomato, and vegan cheese.
- Close the sandwich by spreading sweet chilli sauce on the second slice of bread.
- Cook until the bread is browned in a sandwich press or jaffle maker.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 55 mins | Serving: 1
- Butternut pumpkin with skin: 1 cup cut into pieces
- Medium potato: ½
- Dried rosemary: 1 tablespoon
- Green beans: ½ cup
- Carrot: ½
- Green capsicum: ½
- Olive oil
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Veggie Roast: 1 from the store or own prepare
- Fresh ground black pepper, garlic, and salt to taste
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Vegan gravy powder: 2 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In an oiled baking dish, combine all of the vegetables (excluding the capsicum) and garlic, along with the rosemary.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are baking, make the gravy and roast according to the package directions.
- After the vegetables have been baking for 30 minutes, season the roast and place it in the middle, then add the capsicum and bake for another 20 minutes. 10 minutes before the end of the cooking period, add the basil.
- Serve with gravy on the side. It's made much more amazing with a touch of cranberry sauce.
Muesli Fruit Mix
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 0 mins | Serving: 1
- Untoasted Muesli: ¾ cups
- Banana: 1 medium
- Ground flax seeds: 2 teaspoon
- Fortified soy milk: 1 cup
Mix the ground flaxseeds into the muesli, then pour in the soy milk and top with banana slices.
Falafel Tabouli Wrap
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time: 0 mins | Serving: 1
- Tomato: 1 medium
- Bulgur: 2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice
- Hummus: 4 teaspoon
- Falafel balls: 3
- Chopped parsley: ½ cup
- Whole wheat wrap: 1
- To create tabouli, dice the tomato into small cubes and combine it in a small bowl with the bulgur, parsley, and lemon juice. Allow for 20 minutes of resting time, or until the bulgur has softened.
- On the wrap, spread the hummus first, then the tabouli. Add the falafel balls to the wrap and roll them up to eat.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins | Serving: 1
- Rice noodles: 100g
- Sesame oil for frying: 1 teaspoon
- Firm tofu: 120g
- Bok choy: 1 cup
- Sliced Carrot: ½ cup
- Chopped red capsicum: ½
- Sticks celery: 2 medium
- Onions: 2 spring
- Garlic clove: ½
- Sweet green chilli: ¼
- Crushed peanuts: 1 Tablespoon
- Ginger: 1 small piece
- Kecap manis: 1 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Broccoli florets: 2 – 3
- Light soy sauce: 1 Tablespoon
- Soak the noodles in boiling water for a few minutes before draining and setting them aside.
- Drizzle some oil into a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- Cook until the tofu pieces and soy sauce are browned.
- Stir in the carrots, capsicum, celery, broccoli, spring onion, ginger, garlic, chili, and peanuts, then add a dash of water and cover the wok to cook until the vegetables have softened somewhat.
- Continue to sauté the bok choy leaves, stirring constantly so the bottom of the pan does not burn.
- Once the noodles have warmed up, stir them in and serve.
Fruit Bircher Muesli
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 0 mins |Serving: 1
- Rolled oats: ½ cup
- Chia seeds: 2 teaspoons
- Raisins or other dried fruit: 1 tablespoon
- Fortified soy milk: 1 cup
- Green apple: 1
- Nuts or seeds: 1 tablespoon
- A pinch of cinnamon
- In a small mixing dish, combine the oats, chia seeds, dried fruit, and plant milk the night before. Place in the fridge overnight, covered.
- Grate the apple and add it to the oats, along with the nuts or seeds, in the morning. Cinnamon should be sprinkled on top.
- Serve with fruit, a splash of plant milk, or a dollop of soy/coconut yogurt.
Roasted Veggie Sandwich
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 40 mins | Serving: 1
- Medium zucchini: ½
- Eggplant: ¼ cup
- Capsicum: ¼ cup
- Red onion: ¼ cup
- Medium carrot: ½
- Dried thyme: ½ teaspoon
- Dried rosemary: ½ teaspoon
- Olive oil: 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar: 1 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rye bread or a bread roll: 2 slices
- Dairy-free pesto or hummus: 1 tablespoon
- Green salad leaves: ½ cup
Instruction For Roasted Veggies
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/430°F.
- Cut your vegetables into even pieces and mix them together in a bowl.
- Combine the chopped thyme, rosemary, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a smaller mixing dish. Pour the herb/spice mixture over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Place the vegetables in a big roasting pan and bake them evenly. Preheat oven to 350°F and roast for 35–40 minutes. When the vegetables begin to brown, turn them with a spatula to move them around and brown them evenly.
Instructions For The Sandwich
- On both sides of the bread, spread dairy-free pesto (or hummus or vegan sour cream).
- On one side, layer salad leaves, zucchini, eggplant, capsicum, and red onion, then finish with tomato slices.
- Lunch is ready when the other bread slice is placed on top.
Pumpkin Dhal With Rice
Prep Time: 7 mins | Cooking Time: 30 mins | Serving: 1
Ingredients For Dhal
- Sunflower oil: 2 teaspoon
- Small onion, finely chopped: ¼
- Pumpkin, cut into small chunks: 1 cup
- Chopped tomatoes: ¼ cup
- Garlic clove, crushed: 1
- Dried chilli flakes: ½ teaspoon
- Ground cumin: ½ teaspoon
- Ground turmeric: ¼ teaspoon
- Dry red lentils: ½ cup
- 1 teaspoon Massel salt-reduced stock powder, dissolved in 2 cups of water
- Handful chopped coriander
Ingredients For Pea Rice
- Basmati rice: ½ cup
- Water: 1 cup
- Frozen peas: ½ cup
- Olive oil: 1 teaspoon
- Seasalt and pepper
Instruction For Dhal
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat half the oil and cook the onion until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat the remaining oil and sauté the pumpkin chunks until brown all over.
- Simmer for another four minutes after adding the tomatoes to the onion, then add the garlic and spices and cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the stock water and add the lentils and pumpkin to the onions. Bring to a boil and season to taste.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes (until the lentils have collapsed and the pumpkin is tender, the mixture should be thick). You can start preparing your rice while this is cooking.
Instructions For Pea Rice
- Bring a kettle half full of water to a boil. Once the water has boiled, reduce the heat to low heat and add the rice.
- Cook, stirring often until liquids are practically absorbed. On low heat, incorporate the frozen peas, oil/margarine, salt, and pepper into the mixture.
- Allow for 8 minutes of cooking time, or until peas are tender and palatable.
- Serve the dhal with fresh coriander/cilantro and pea rice.
Blueberry & Date Cake
Prep Time: 3 mins | Cooking Time: 3 mins | Serving: 1
- Whole wheat self-raising flour: ⅓ cup
- Blueberries: ½ cup
- Dates, chopped or blended: 4
- Fortified plant milk: ⅔ cup
- Ground flaxseeds: 2 teaspoons
- Pinch of cinnamon
- In a large mug, combine all of the ingredients.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes on high, depending on your microwave's power. (If using a regular oven, bake for 10-15 minutes in a ramekin.)
- If desired, drizzle with your favorite syrup.
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins | Serving:1
- Sushi rice: ⅓ cup
- Water: ⅔ cup
- Rice wine vinegar: 2 teaspoon
- Caster sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Pinch salt
- Tofu: 50 g
- Sheet nori: 1 sheet
- Cucumber, cut into strips: ½
- Red capsicum: ¼
- Avocado: ¼
Instruction For The Rice
- Wash the rice in cold water and ‘polish' it by pushing it against the side of the bowl with your palm.
- Drain and cook with a cup of water in a saucepan (or microwave).
- In a small bowl, combine rice vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- Transfer the cooked rice to a non-metal mixing bowl, toss in the vinegar mixture, and cool the rice by fanning and folding it with a wooden spoon. Rice will start to cling together and become sticky.
Instructions For The Tofu
- Pan-fry the strips till golden brown in vegetable oil, then marinate for 15 minutes in soy sauce.
Instructions To Make Sushi
- ● Place a sheet of nori on a sushi mat and distribute a 1cm layer of rice across the entire sheet except the far border.
- ● In the center of the rice, arrange horizontal strips of vegetable and tofu in a line.
- ● Roll the sushi and seal the seam with a dab of water. Allow for 15 minutes of resting time before cutting with a sharp, moist chef's knife.
- ● Serve immediately after chopping.
Black Bean, Chips & Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 35 mins | Serving: 1
Ingredients For The Chips
- Sweet potato: 1 cup
- Oil: 1 teaspoon
- Pinch of salt
- Pepper to taste
- Rosemary: 2 sprigs
Ingredients For The Silverbeet Pine Nut Salad
- Chopped silverbeet: 1 cup
- Pine nuts: 15g
- Lemon juice to taste
Ingredients For The Cajun Black Beans
- Chilli powder to taste
- Sweet paprika: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin: ½ teaspoon
- Onion chopped: ¼
- Garlic: ½ clove
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Cooked beans: 1 cup
- Crushed tomatoes: ½ cup
Instruction For The Chips
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Chop the sweet potatoes into chip shapes and combine them with the oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary in a mixing dish. Mix until uniformly coated.
- Place the chips on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for another 10 minutes, or until crispy.
Instructions For Salad
- Dry roast the pine nuts in a dry pan over medium heat until they are light brown. Stir continuously to ensure that they fry evenly and don't burn.
- Rinse the silverbeet and remove any rough white particles from the stalks' bottoms. Stack the leaves and cut them into 4cm (1.5in) strips with a sharp knife.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. When the water starts to boil, add the silverbeet to blanch. Leave in for 1 minute, or until the leaves begin to soften and turn a brighter green.
- Remove the leaves from the pot and rinse them under cold water before draining them. Combine the silverbeet and pine nuts in a serving bowl and drizzle with lemon juice.
Instructions For Cajun Black Beans
- Cook the oil and spices in a frying pan over medium heat until they produce a strong scent (approx 3 minutes).
- Fry the onions and garlic until the onions begin to soften but are not crunchy.
- On low to medium heat, add the other ingredients, stirring often. Cook for another 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and cooked through.
- Serve all of the dishes with rice. Roasted capsicums can be added as a garnish (bell pepper).
Prep Time: 2 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins | Serving: 1
- Quinoa: ½ cup
- Fortified plant milk: 1 cup
- Blueberries: 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder and maple syrup to serve
- Drain the quinoa thoroughly after rinsing it under running water.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk to a mild boil while draining, then add the quinoa.
- Reduce the heat to a low level and cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is mushy and the milk has been absorbed (and the tails have emerged from the grain).
- If preferred, top with a little extra plant milk, blueberries, cinnamon, and maple syrup and serve in a dish.
Black Bean Burrito
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 10 mins | Serving: 1
- Olive oil: 1 teaspoon
- Brown onion, diced: ¼
- Fresh garlic, crushed: 1 teaspoon
- Chilli powder: ½ teaspoon
- 1Ground cumin: ½ teaspoon
- Cooked black beans: 1 cup
- Massel salt reduced stock powder dissolved in ½ cup water: ½ teaspoon
- A squeeze of lime juice
- Burrito tortilla: 1 wholemeal
- Lettuce, thinly sliced: ½ cup
- Tomato, sliced: ½ cup
- Corn on the cob with kernel cut off: ½
- A dash of hot chilli sauce
- Avocado, sliced
- In a nonstick pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes, or until golden.
- Coat the onions in garlic and spices.
- Stir in the black beans and stock until everything is well combined.
- Allow to boil for 5-6 minutes, or until stock is reduced, before finishing with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Warm your tortilla for 30 seconds on each side in a non-stick pan (no oil). Then, on a plate, layer the black bean mixture, lettuce, tomato, corn, chilli sauce, and optional avocado on your tortilla, roll it up and enjoy.
Sweet & Sour Tofu
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 10 mins | Serving: 1
- Pineapple pieces: ¼ cup
- Sweet soy sauce: 2 teaspoon
- Apple cider vinegar: 2 teaspoon
- Tomato paste: 1 Tablespoon
- Firm tofu: 120g
- Onion, chopped: ¼ cup
- Garlic cloves: ½
- Chopped red capsicum: ¼ cup
- Chopped green capsicum: ½ cup
- Cauliflower: ½ cup
- Cornflour: 2 teaspoon
- Pinch of fresh ginger
- Drain the pineapple juice and combine it with the sweet soy sauce, vinegar, and tomato paste in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the tofu into 2 cm cubes and marinate for 15-30 minutes in the above marinade.
- In a skillet, heat a little oil, take the tofu from the marinade (saving the marinade), and cook it till brown. Set the tofu aside after removing it from the pan.
- Fry the onion, garlic, and ginger until they are softened, then add the capsicum and broccoli and simmer until they are softened.
- Stir in the cornflour until there are no lumps in the marinade, adding a little water if necessary.
- In a skillet, combine the marinade, tofu, and pineapple chunks and stir gently until the sauce has thickened.
Veganism can be achieved in a variety of ways. However, you can follow the 5 days meal plan, hope you will get great taste. You can exchange breakfast items and can include healthy Seed Crackers at your hungry time.
Try it and let us know in the comment box, if you enjoy the meal plan I'll try to share more meal plan ideas with you.
I trust you enjoyed this article on The Ultimate Guide To 5 Days Vegan Challenge. Please stay tuned for more blog posts to come shortly. Take care!
>>>Want To Become Vegan And Learn How To Create Delicious, Cruelty-Free, Healthy AND 100% Vegan Meals? Try These Amazing Vegan Cooking Courses With This Free 7-DAY MEMBERSHIP<<<
Your Opinion Is Important To Me
Ideas? Thoughts? Questions? I would love to hear from you. Would you please leave me your questions, experience, and remarks about this article on The Ultimate Guide To 5 Days Vegan Challenge, in the comments section below? You can also reach me by email at Jeannette@LivingTheVeganLifestyle.org.
Here are links to some of my favourite articles:
9 Delicious Vegan Healthy Breakfast Ideas
11 Best Muscle Building Vegan Food Ideas With Recipes
Best 7 Vegan Oatmeal Cookies For Kids
Best Vegan Restaurants In Basel, Switzerland
8 Essential Vegan Iron Sources For Your Kids
10 Best Vegan Party Food Recipes