Italy Vegan Travel Guide With Popular Vegan Restaurants
Are you a vegan visiting Italy? Do you want to know what the best vegan Italian dishes are? While I am not a vegan, I sometimes wish I was, and I admire those who are, such as our guest author, Danny Newman. We hope that this Vegan in Italy Travel Guide makes it easier for vegans visiting Italy to find plant-based meals worthy of any foodie.
At first glance, Italy does not appear to be the best place to visit as a vegan foodie. Don't Italians just eat cheese-laden pizzas, deep-dish beef lasagnas, and Bolognese spaghetti? Wouldn't a vegan in Italy be unhappy? Fortunately, no and no!
Contrary to popular belief, vegan Italian food is not at all what it appears to be. I recently returned from a two-month vegan Italian journey, and I can confidently say that this incredible destination, steeped in history and famed for its incredible food, is a must-see for anyone who (like me) follows a plant-based diet. In fact, vegan food is plentiful and delicious in Italy!
Is Italy A Vegan-Friendly Country?
Don't be concerned about eating vegan in Italy. Italy is one of the most vegan-friendly countries I've visited… and I've visited over 100!
It is extremely simple for vegans to eat in Italy. Not only because of the increasing number of vegan restaurants in the country but also because there are so many delicious vegan options in traditional Italian cuisine.
And I'm not just referring to pizza and pasta dishes. Italian cuisine is much more than that, and vegans can enjoy a variety of regional specialties.
Vegan Accommodation In Italy
First and foremost, choose your lodging wisely. While I believe that spending at least some of your time in Italy with real locals is important, I also know what it's like to be hosted by someone who doesn't value your food preferences – so I don't recommend Couchsurfing, workaway, wwoofing, or similar (unless of course, your host is okay with you being vegan).
So, where should a vegan stay in Italy? When it comes to being vegan in Italy, I recommend Airbnb, vegan house sitting, or a hotel or hostel that offers a vegan-friendly breakfast, such as the Beehive in Rome. Housesitting entails looking after someone's pets and home while they go on vacation in exchange for free lodging.
It's the ideal way to travel for those who want to live in luxury but are on a tight budget. Why is that beneficial to vegans? You get a kitchen (usually a very nice kitchen) to cook all your delicious vegan favourites in peace. In Italy, Airbnb has a similar benefit for vegans in that you can have your own kitchen.
Airbnb is all about renting out someone's home while you're away on vacation (kind of like Uber, but for houses). The benefit of Airbnb over housesitting is that you can choose where and when you want to go in Italy; the disadvantage of Airbnb is that you probably won't be able to afford the kind of luxury housesitting can offer you.
Popular Vegan Accommodation In Italy
- Vegan Hotel LA VIMEA-Via August Kleeberg, 7, 39025 Naturno BZ, Italy
- Vegan Agrivilla I Pini, San Gimignano Tuscany-Località Santa Margherita, 37, 53037 San Gimignano SI, Italy
- Vegan The Casota-Via di Coize, 10, 38069 Nago-Torbole TN, Italy
- The Vegan Cypress-Via della Vigna 9, 06063 Magione PG, Italy
- Casa Vegan B&B-Via Dante Alighieri, 21/A, 34015 Muggia TS, Italy
- Bed and Breakfast Vegan inn-Via delle Vongole, 24, 00054 Fiumicino RM, Italy
- Hotel Luxor Vegan Hotel-via Silio Italico, 3, 47814 Igea Marina RN, Italy
- Sardinia Eco Vegan House-Piazza Chiesa, 15, 09070 Zeddiani OR, Italy
- Farm Vegan The Village Of Tara-Località TOVI Frazione SAN PIETRO, 13, 43043 Borgo Val di Taro PR, Italy
- Brugnola1932 Vegan Country House-Brugnola, 225, 43032 Bardi PR, Italy
- Vegan B&B Cherry room-Via Generale Carini, 25, 96100 Siracusa SR, Italy
- Hotel Paradiso Pure.Living-17 Jochstrasse, 39040 Castelrotto BZ, Italy
- Hotel Sylva & RistoVegan-Via C. Battisti, 45, 47841 Cattolica RN, Italy
- La Cena di Pitagora Locanda vegana-Via S. Ponzo, 25, 27050 Ponte Nizza PV, Italy
- Tenuta Savorgnano-Località Savorgnano, I Marzi 5, 52010 Subbiano AR, Italy
- B&B Las Vegan-Via dei Bravi, 11H, 20032 Cormano MI, Italy
- Fattoria San Martino-Via di Martiena, 3, 53045 Montepulciano SI, Italy
- Novotel Antibes Sophia Antipolis-Les Lucioles, 290 Rue Fedor Dostoïevski 1, 06560 Valbonne, France
- B & B Hotel Sant'Angelo-Viale G. Mameli, 15, 47838 Riccione RN, Italy
- Hotel Minerva-Via Fiorentina, 4, 52100 Arezzo AR, Italy
Food-Related Italian Phrases
|Io sono vegano/vegana=I am vegan
Noi siamo vegani=We are vegan
Io non mangio prodotti di origine animale=I don't eat animal products
frutti di mare= seafood
Contiene uova?=Does it contain eggs?
Pollo = Chicken
Manzo = Beef
Maiale = Pork
Prosciutto = Ham
Salsiccia = Sausage
Pancetta = Bacon
|Alici = Anchovies
Baccala = Cod
Tonno = Tuna
Calamari = Squid
Gamberi = Prawns
Polipo = Octopus
Latte = Milk
Uovo = Egg
latticini= Dairy products
Coniglio = Rabbit
Vitello = Veal
Different Flavour Everywhere
Yes, classic Italian dishes served on checked tablecloths back home may be piled high with animal products, but in ‘real' Italy, ingredients such as fava beans, dried peppers, eggplants, and – of course – tomatoes are the stars of many dishes.
Traditional vegan food varies by region, highlighting the best local produce.
In Tuscany, people are known as mangiafagioli, which translates as “bean eaters.”
On a cold day in Bologna, there's nothing like a steaming bowl of faglioli all'uccelletto stew. Handmade gnocchi reigns supreme in Rome. However, some restaurants will only serve gnocchi on Thursdays, following a decades-long tradition.
Pasta Will Be Served
Pasta can be made with or without eggs, so remember the phrase ‘Ci sono delle uova?': ‘Is it made with eggs?' If in doubt, choose secca (dry) pasta: frescha (fresh) pasta is typically made with eggs, whereas dry is not. On request, most restaurants will happily prepare a piatto di pasta con verdue, or pasta with fresh vegetables.
Dishes And Snacks For Vegan Italians
If there is one vegan Italian dish that you can find anywhere and everywhere in the country, it is pasta al pomodoro e basilica! Or, to put it another way, tomato pasta with basil. You can't go wrong with something this simple, rich, filling, tasty, and cheap.
I was devastated at the prospect of having to forego pizza before leaving to explore Italy because I was new to veganism and thought it always came covered in cheese and pepperoni. I had no idea, however, that traditional Italian pizzas have been vegan-friendly since their creation in 18th-century Naples!
The classic pizza marinara is not only available anywhere that sells pizzas (not all restaurants do), but it's also the cheapest item on the menu and (almost always) contains no animal products. The base is only salt, water, yeast, and flour, with marinara sauce, dried oregano, basil, and garlic (and possibly a drizzle of olive oil) on top!
Spicy Vegan Pasta
Penne all'Arrabbiata is another of my favorite vegan Italian dishes! It's a delicious ‘primo' dish (the Italian equivalent of a first course), but it can easily pass for the main course for both vegans and omnivores! It's a rich, tomato-based sauce that's packed with garlic, parsley, and a healthy dose of chiles.
Arrabbiata means “angry” in Italian. But don't be concerned! The name refers to the chilles in the sauce rather than how you feel after eating it.
Italian Vegan Soup
Pasta e fagioli is a rich, filling, and nutritious tomato-based bean stew/soup with celery, oregano, and crushed red peppers (among other yummy ingredients). A heartier plant-based dish will be difficult to find anywhere in Italy.
But be wary! You can't be certain that the pasta e fagioli on the menu is vegan. Cooks occasionally add animal products (depending on where you are in the country), so it's always worth double-checking ahead of time.
As a vegan starter or small snack, it really can't be beaten. Consider toasted bread rubbed with garlic, drizzled with olive oil, and topped with Italy's legendary pomodoros (tomatoes)!
In the northern regions of Italy, risotto reigns supreme over pasta. Risotto is not a vegan dish by definition, but it is easily veganized.
This is because the non-vegan ingredients, butter and Parmesan cheese, are added at the very end of the cooking process. And, contrary to popular belief, they do not contribute to the creamy texture of risotto.
To make creamy risotto, use good stock (vegetable stock rather than meat stock) and cook it at a gentle simmer, stirring constantly to ensure the rice absorbs the liquid evenly and does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
There are numerous plant-based foods that can be added to risotto, including various vegetables, wild mushrooms, and even truffles.
Risotto alla Milanese — a local specialty in Milan that is flavoured with saffron, giving it a distinctive yellow hue — is one of the most basic yet most famous risotto dishes.
For starters, it's widely available in bakeries, making it a useful snack or light lunch on the road. Second, it is cheap. Third, it's always delectably tasty. You can buy it “as-is” with just a drizzle of olive oil, topped with sliced tomatoes and rosemary, or topped with any number of other delectable ingredients (just expect to pay more for the toppings!).
However, keep in mind that not all focaccia is vegan. A lot of it has animal products on top, and even the plain “no-topping” options contain eggs and butter.
It's almost sacrilegious to visit Italy and not try the world-famous gelato! As a result, you'll be pleased to learn that an increasing number of “gelatarias” (AKA Italian ice cream parlors) now offer vegan gelato.
It's simply unmissable—especially when you come across a good-quality establishment—and made from ice/water instead of dairy products.
But be aware that some gelatarias are superior to others. You can't count on every single parlour (there are a lot of them) to have vegan options; the vast majority of those do have a limited selection of flavours compared to their dairy counterparts. Nonetheless, beggars can't be choosers, and in the world of Italian gelato, something is always preferable to nothing!
The polenta was once the staple diet of rural Italian families throughout central and northern Italy, from Emilia Romagna to the Swiss border. This is the northern version of rustic cuisine.
It's a thick porridge made by boiling coarsely ground cornmeal in water, similar to the “grits” eaten in the South.
It can be eaten immediately after cooking as a thick, doughy porridge that serves as a starchy base for a meal in place of rice, bread, or potatoes. It can also be poured into a shallow pan and left to cool and set.
The polenta is then cut into slabs and served either plain or grilled or fried to add flavour. The basic polenta recipe is vegan; all that is needed is cornmeal, water, salt, and olive oil. Some chefs, however, substitute butter, milk, or meat broth for the water, so be sure to ask.
Purchasing Groceries In Italy
NaturaS is a good place to stock up on groceries if you plan to self-cater some of your meals in Italy. It is a national chain of stores that sells only organic, non-GMO products, such as fresh produce, packaged foods, cosmetics, and personal hygiene items.
Vegan snacks like energy bars and chocolates can be found here, as well as tempeh, seitan, veggie burger patties, and other quick fixes.
iVegan, a fully vegan shop near the Vatican, is also located in Rome. Not to mention Italy's fantastic produce markets. Even if you're not looking to buy anything, it's fun to look around.
Top Vegan-Friendly Cities in Italy
Travel to Bologna
When you visit Bologna, you'll notice that it has everything cultural and culinary that you think of when visiting northern Italy, except for the fact that it's still relatively unknown.
Travel to Bologna is frequently avoided because it is sandwiched between the country's more established and well-travelled cities of Venice, Milan, and Florence. Nonetheless, it is Italy's seventh-largest city, as well as the historical capital and hearty food epicentre of northern Emilia-Romagna.
Get lost in the vast network of elegant architecture and gritty side streets, food markets and coffee shops, crumbling historical houses and defining towers. If you live locally and give yourself more time than the typical one to two-day trip allows, you'll have the ideal Bologna itinerary and immersion in the city.
Best Travelling Places To Bologna
- Piazza Maggiore- Piazza Maggiore, 40124 Bologna BO, Italy
- Two Towers- P.za di Porta Ravegnana, 40126 Bologna BO, Italy
- Fountain of Neptune- Piazza del Nettuno, 40124 Bologna BO, Italy
- Palazzo Re Enzo-Piazza del Nettuno, 1/C, 40125 Bologna BO, Italy
- Palazzo del Podestà, Bologna- Piazza Maggiore, 1, 40124 Bologna BO, Italy
- Cattedrale Metropolitana di San Pietro- Via dell'Indipendenza, 7, 40125 Bologna BO, Italy
- Piazza Santo Stefano- Via Santo Stefano, 40125 Bologna BO, Italy
- Finestrella- Via Piella, 2, 40126 Bologna BO, Italy
- Pinacoteca Nazionale-Via delle Belle Arti, 56, 40126 Bologna BO, Italy
- Porta San Felice-Piazza di Porta S. Felice, 40122 Bologna BO, Italy
- Torre dei Prendiparte o Torre Coronata-Piazzetta Prendiparte, 5, 40126 Bologna BO, Italy
- Porta San Donato-Piazza di Porta S. Donato, 40126 Bologna BO, Italy
- Teatro Anatomico-Piazza Galvani, 1, 40124 Bologna BO, Italy
- Porta San Vitale-Piazza di Porta S. Vitale, 40125 Bologna BO, Italy
- Museum for the Memory of Ustica-Via di Saliceto, 3/22, 40128 Bologna BO, Italy
- Santuario di Santa Maria della Vita-Via Clavature, 8/10, 40124 Bologna BO, Italy
- Palazzo Fantuzzi, Bologna-Via S. Vitale, 23, 40125 Bologna BO, Italy
- Palazzo Pepoli – Museo della Storia di Bologna-Via Castiglione, 8, 40125 Bologna BO, Italy
- Palazzo Pepoli Campogrande-Via Castiglione, 7, 40124 Bologna BO, Italy
- Porta Santo Stefano-Piazza di Porta Santo Stefano, 40125 Bologna BO, Italy
Popular Vegan Restaurants In Bologna
- Botanica Lab Cucina-Via Battibecco, 4c, 40123 Bologna BO, Italy
- Malerba-Via Giuseppe Petroni, 15b, 40126 Bologna BO, Italy
- Fram Bistrot Bioveg-Via Rialto, 22c, 40124 Bologna BO, Italy
- Basilico Food-Via Giuseppe Massarenti, 76c, 40138 Bologna BO, Italy
- Missfagiola Green Lab Bologna-Via S. Felice, 116b, 40122 Bologna BO, Italy
- Estravagario-Via Mascarella, 81h, 40122 Bologna BO, Italy
- Clorofilla-Str. Maggiore, 64c, 40125 Bologna BO, Italy
- Zenzero Bologna-Via Fratelli Rosselli, 18, 40121 Bologna BO, Italy
- Julienne cucina-Via Malvolta, 16/e, 40137 Bologna BO, Italy
- Flower Burger-Via Riva di Reno, 118p, 40121 Bologna BO, Italy
- Zazie-Via Malcontenti, 13a, 40126 Bologna BO, Italy
- Breaking Toast-Via Irnerio, 18d, 40126 Bologna BO, Italy
- Las Piadina-Via Augusto Murri, 20d, 40137 Bologna BO, Italy
- Nectare Via Irnerio-Via Irnerio, 19/C, 40126 Bologna BO, Italy
- AlchemillaBio Bologna-Via Mascarella, 76a, 40126 Bologna BO, Italy
- Aldina Gluten Free-Via Paolo Fabbri, 4c, 40138 Bologna BO, Italy
- AlchemillaBio Bologna-Via Mascarella, 76a, 40126 Bologna BO, Italy
- Aldina Gluten Free-Via Paolo Fabbri, 4c, 40138 Bologna BO, Italy
- Pasto Nomade-Via Lanzarini, 8, 40127 Bologna BO, Italy
- The Yuan-Via Galliera, 55, 40121 Bologna BO, Italy
Travel To Catania
Catania has a strong magnetic pull despite the noise, chaos, and scruffiness that greets visitors at first glance. This is Sicily at its most youthful, with cool and gritty bars, plenty of energy, and an earthy spirit that stands in stark contrast to Palermo's aristocratic airs.
Catania's historic center is a Unesco World Heritage Site, with black-and-white palazzi towering over sweeping baroque piazzas. The next thing you know, you're scanning the skyline from a dizzying dome, and the next thing you know, you're perusing contemporary art in an 18th-century convent.
The ancient ruins of a town with over 2700 candles on its birthday cake lie beneath it all. Food is another local specialty. This is where you'll find Sicily's famous pasta alla Norma and the incredible La Pescheria market.
Best Travelling Places To Catania
- Cattedrale di Sant'Agata-Piazza del Duomo, 95100 Catania CT, Italy
- Monastero dei Benedettini di San Nicolò l'Arena- Piazza Dante Alighieri, 32, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Castello Ursino-Piazza Federico di Svevia, 95121 Catania CT, Italy
- Fontana dell'Elefante-Piazza del Duomo, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Palazzo Biscari-Via Museo Biscari, 10, 95131 Catania CT, Italy
- Piazza Università-Via Etnea, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Teatro Greco di Catania-Via Vittorio Emanuele II, 266, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Basilica della Collegiata-Via Etnea, 23, 95131 Catania CT, Italy
- Villa Bellini/Chiosco Bellini-Via Etnea, 292, 95131 Catania CT, Italy
- Chiesa della Badia di Sant'Agata- Via Vittorio Emanuele II, 182, 95131 Catania CT, Italy
- Palazzo Platamone-Via Vittorio Emanuele II, 95131 Catania CT, Italy
- Vecchia Dogana-Via Cardinale Dusmet, 2, 95121 Catania CT, Italy
- Chiesa di San Giuliano-Via Crociferi, 36, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Palazzo Manganelli-Piazza Manganelli, 16, 95131 Catania CT, Italy
- Fontana dell’Amenano-Piazza del Duomo, 95131 Catania CT, Italy
- Terme Achilliane-Piazza del Duomo, 8, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Free Tour Catania-Piazza dell'Università, 21, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Ferrovia Circumetnea-Via Caronda, 352a, 95128 Catania CT, Italy
- Museo Belliniano-Piazza S. Francesco d'Assisi, 3, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Fountain of Ceres-Piazza Cavour, 34, 95125 Catania CT, Italy
Popular Vegan Restaurants In Catania
- La Cucina Dei Colori-Via S. Michele, 9, 95131 Catania CT, Italy
- Plante Lab-Via Sant'Anna, 5, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Good Natural Food-Corso Italia, 67, 95129 Catania CT, Italy
- Fud Bottega sicula-Via Santa Filomena, 35, 95129 Catania CT, Italy
- Dolcezza di Cuscunà Temistocle-Via Vincenzo Giuffrida, 63/a-b, 95128 Catania CT, Italy
- Giardino di Bacco Catania-Via Etnea, 704, 95129 Catania CT, Italy
- Due Pistacchi Restaurant-Via Salvatore Tomaselli, 9, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Cuore Fresco Catania (Piazza Duomo)-Via Erasmo Merletta, 13, 95129 Catania CT, Italy
- GnamGnam Food-Via Umberto I, 57, 95129 Catania CT, Italy
- La Tosteria-Via Crociferi, 85, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Be Quiet-Via Monte Sant'Agata, 6, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Sagré ristorante-Corso delle Province, 99, 95128 Catania CT, Italy
- Uzeta Bistrò-Via Penninello, 41, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Carlito's-Via Gisira, 71, 95121 Catania CT, Italy
- Capatoast-Via Nicola Spedalieri, 16, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- La Taverna del Grande Albero-Via Cappuccini, 21/23, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Sleto Pizzeria & Hamburger-Piazza Turi Ferro, 5/6, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Putì-Via Sant'Euplio, 108, 95125 Catania CT, Italy
- Student Lab-Via Firenze, 204-210, 95128 Catania CT, Italy
- Panda-Via Gemmellaro, 28, 95131 Catania CT, Italy
Travel to Florence
This small town nestled in the Tuscan hills casts a long shadow through history. Firenze (or Florence), the birthplace of the Renaissance, housed the powerful Medici family and inspired artists such as Michelangelo (David) and Brunelleschi (the Duomo).
You'd think you were in the 14th century if it weren't for the fashionable Italians and chic shops that line Via Tornabuoni. But it's not just the Renaissance art that draws people to Florence; it's also the beautiful sunsets, the Italian cuisine, and the romantic atmosphere. Make the most of your time in Florence by taking one of the city's best tours led by a local.
Best Travelling Places To Florence
- Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore-Piazza del Duomo, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
- Piazza della Signoria-P.za della Signoria, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
- Basilica of Santa Croce in Florence-Piazza di Santa Croce, 16, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
- Bargello National Museum-Via del Proconsolo, 4, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
- Piazzale Michelangelo-Piazzale Michelangelo, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
- Ponte Vecchio-Ponte Vecchio, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
- Palazzo Vecchio-P.za della Signoria, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
- The Baptistery of St. John-Piazza San Giovanni, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
- Pitti Palace-Piazza de' Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
- Basilica of Santa Maria Novella-P.za di Santa Maria Novella, 18, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
- Micciani Adriano-Via Pellicceria, 10, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
- City Sightseeing-P.za di Santa Maria Novella, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
- Giotto's Bell Tower-Piazza del Duomo, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
- Strozzi Palace-Piazza degli Strozzi, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
- Giardino Bardini-Via de' Bardi, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
- Forte di Belvedere-Via di S. Leonardo, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
- Hospital of Innocents-Piazza della Santissima Annunziata, 12, 50121 Firenze FI, Italy
- Palatine Gallery-Piazza de' Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
- Museo Galileo-Piazza dei Giudici, 1, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
- Fontana del Porcellino-Piazza del Mercato Nuovo, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Popular Vegan Restaurants In Florence
- Il Vegano – Firenze 43, Via S. Gallo, 75 Rosso, 50129 Firenze FI, Italy
- Il Vegetariano Via delle Ruote, 30 r, 50129 Firenze FI, Italy
- L'OV Osteria Vegetariana Piazza del Carmine, 4R, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
- RAW VEGAN FIRENZE Via Sant'Agostino, 11R, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
- PappaGioia Via del Ponte Rosso, 57r, 50129 Firenze FI, Italy
- Veg & Veg | Mercato Centrale Firenze Piazza del Mercato Centrale, 4/1° piano, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
- Nirvana Veg Restaurant Firenze Via Il Prato, 4/b, 50127 Firenze FI, Italy
- La Pépinière Ristorante Biologico Borgo S. Frediano, 169-red, 50124 Firenze FI, Italy
- Giumella Gastronomia Vegana Via Lorenzo di Credi, 12, 50136 Firenze FI, Italy
- Universo Vegano Via Pietrapiana, 47R, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
- Santo Falafel-Via Sant'Agostino, 28r, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
- Foody Farm Florence-Lungarno Corsini, 2A, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
- Il Desco Bistrot-Via Camillo Cavour, 27, 50129 Firenze FI, Italy
- Bistrot kilometro zero-Piazza Lorenzo Ghiberti, 20/21 Rosso, 50100 Firenze FI, Italy
- Cuculia Ristorante-Via dei Serragli, 3/R, 50124 Firenze FI, Italy
- Sogni e Sapori-Via dei Cimatori, 22/r, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
- Atomic Falafel-Via Camillo Cavour, 116 rosso, 50121 Firenze FI, Italy
- Logò Ristorante-Via Romana, 80 r, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
- Amblé-Piazzetta dei Del Bene, 7/A, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
- Le Vespe Cafè-Via Ghibellina, 76r, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Travel to Genoa
The largest seaport in Italy is inextricably contradictory, brimming with grandeur, squalor, sparkling light, and deep shade. For many visitors today, Genoa is a gateway to the Riviera, but its architectural heritage speaks of its former glory – the Most Serene Republic of Genoa ruled over the Mediterranean waves from the 12th to the 13th centuries – and history feels alive in Genoa.
This is especially true in its extensive old city, a frequently confronting reminder of premodern life with its twisting maze of caruggi (narrow streets) that is still mostly intact. Blink your way out of this thrillingly dank heart to Via Garibaldi and the magnificent gold-leaf halls of the Unesco-listed Palazzi dei Rolli.
Best Travelling Places To Genoa
- Piazza De Ferrari -Piazza Raffaele de Ferrari, 16121 Genova GE, Italy
- Cattedrale di San Lorenzo- Piazza S. Lorenzo, 16123 Genova GE, Italy
- Aquarium of Genoa-Ponte Spinola, 16128 Genova GE, Italy
- Via Garibaldi-Via Garibaldi, 16124 Genova GE, Italy
- Royal Palace Museum-Via Balbi, 10, 16126 Genova GE, Italy
- D'Albertis Castle-Corso Dogali, 18, 16136 Genova GE, Italy
- Porta Soprana-di Soprana, Via S. Pietro della Porta, 16123 Genova GE, Italy
- Galata Museo del Mare-Calata Ansaldo De Mari, 1, 16126 Genova GE, Italy
- Strada Nuova Museums – Palazzo Rosso Via Garibaldi, 18, 16124 Genova GE, Italy
- Piazza della Vittoria- Piazza della Vittoria, 99, 16121 Genova GE, Italy
- Island Barges-Via al Mare Fabrizio de André, 16128 Genova GE, Italy
- Basilica di San Siro-Via S. Siro, 4, 16124 Genova GE, Italy
- Porta dei Vacca-Via del Campo, 16124 Genova GE, Italy
- Vascello Neptune-Porto antico, Molo Ponte Calvi, 16124 Genova GE, Italy
- Belvedere Castelletto-Spianata castelletto, Belvedere Luigi Montaldo, 16125 Genova GE, Italy
- Villetta Di Negro-Piazzale Giuseppe Mazzini, 16122 Genova GE, Italy
- Chiesa di San Donato-Via S. Donato, 10, 16123 Genova GE, Italy
- Palazzo San Giorgio-Palazzo San Giorgio, 2, 16126 Genova GE, Italy
- Doge's Palace-Piazza Giacomo Matteotti, 9, 16123 Genova GE, Italy
- Astronomical Observatory of Righi-Via Mura delle Chiappe, 44 rosso, 16136 Genova GE, Italy
Popular Vegan Restaurants In Genoa
- InFusion – CucinaYogaStore Salita della Tosse, 7/9r, 16121 Genova GE, Italy
- Soul Kitchen Piazza dell'Agnello, 41 r, 16124 Genova GE, Italy
- Verdurine – Gastronomia vegana e vegetariana a Genova Via Assarotti, 17r, 16122 Genova GE, Italy
- Zazie Via di Ravecca, 69, 16128 Genova GE, Italy
- Angelina punto vegano e vegetariano Piazza Colombo, 22, 16121 Genova GE, Italy
- Rosetta Piazza delle Erbe, 12 r, 16123 Genova GE, Italy
- Il CashewFicio – L'alternativa al formaggio Via Polleri, 24/26r, 16125 Genova GE, Italy
- Pinsaccio Via dei Giustiniani, 7-9 r, 16123 Genova GE, Italy
- Trattoria Vegia Zena Vico del Serriglio, 13/15R, 16124 Genova GE, Italy
- Mister Taco Salita del Prione, 47r, 16123 Genova GE, Italy
- Savo Gourmet Pizza-Via al Ponte Calvi, 16/R, 16124 Genova GE, Italy
- Kowalski-Via dei Giustiniani, 3, R, 16123 Genova GE, Italy
- Pastificio Artigianale di Canneto-Via di Canneto Il Curto, 49, 16123 Genova GE, Italy
- Le Rune-Salita Inferiore di Sant'Anna, Piazza del Portello, 13r, 16125 Genova GE, Italy
- Ostaia De Banchi-Vico Denegri, 17 r, 16124 Genova GE, Italy
- Trattoria Vegia Arba' Roberto-Piazza G. Leopardi, 16145 Genova GE, Italy
- Ristorante Jamila-Via dei Giustiniani, 11, 16123 Genova GE, Italy
- Roast ‘n Roll-Via di Canneto Il Lungo, 140r, 16123 Genova GE, Italy
- Hostaria Ducale-Salita di S. Matteo, 29/R, 16123 Genova GE, Italy
- Signor Kiwi Genova-Salita di S. Matteo, 13/r, 16123 Genova GE, Italy
Travel to Milano
Of course, it's one of the world's fashion capitals, and Milan does style like few others.Visitors scurry between the shops in the Quadrilatero d'Oro, or “Golden Rectangle” – the streets surrounding Via Montenapoleone that house all of the best-known brands.
This city appears to be the most modern in Italy at times. The fashion houses are behind a new wave of contemporary art galleries in repurposed industrial spaces, such as the Fondazione Prada, Armani Silos, and Pirelli Hangarbicocca. The Triennale hosts a permanent exhibition on Italian design, and the Salone del Mobile, or Milan Design Week, takes over the city every April.
Even the nightlife is forward-thinking, with some of Europe's most inventive cocktail bars located here. Of course, Milan has a history as well. The Duomo – the massive wedding cake of Europe's second-largest church – was begun in 1386. (but only completed in 1965, so intricate was the design).
The Brera is one of Italy's most prestigious art galleries, exhibiting works ranging from the Middle Ages to the twentieth century. And, of course, this is the city where Leonardo da Vinci worked and painted his famous “Last Supper” in the church of Santa Maria delle Grazie. Past, present, and – in the Porta Garibaldi district – future. Few cities are as stimulating as Milan.
Best Travelling Places To Milano
- Piazza Duomo-P.za del Duomo, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Duomo di Milano-Piazza del Duomo, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
- Sforzesco Castle-Piazza Castello, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Piazza Mercanti-Piazza dei Mercanti, 20123 Milano MI, Italy
- Pinacoteca di Brera-Via Brera, 28, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II-P.za del Duomo, 20123 Milano MI, Italy
- Chiesa di San Maurizio- al Monastero Maggiore Corso Magenta, 15, 20123 Milano MI, Italy
- Arco della Pace-Piazza Sempione, 20154 Milano MI, Italy
- Piazza della Scala-Piazza della Scala, 5, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Basilica di Sant'Ambrogio-Piazza Sant'Ambrogio, 15, 20123 Milano MI, Italy
- Branca Tower-Viale Luigi Camoens, 2, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Piazza Gae Aulenti-Piazza Gae Aulenti, 1785, 20124 Milano MI, Italy
- Porta Garibaldi-Piazza Venticinque Aprile, 20154 Milano MI, Italy
- Palazzo Serbelloni-Corso Venezia, 16, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
- Villa Reale-Via Palestro, 16, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Palazzo Serbelloni-Corso Venezia, 16, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
- Piazza Castello Fountain-Piazza Castello, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Monumental Cemetery-Piazzale Cimitero Monumentale, 20154 Milano MI, Italy
- Porta Nuova-Piazzale Principessa Clotilde, 37, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Orto Botanico di Brera-Via Brera, 28, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
Popular Vegan Restaurants In Milano
- CIBO' Vegan food-Via Achille Maiocchi, 26, 20129 Milano MI, Italy
- VegAmore-Via Crema, 12, 20135 Milano MI, Italy
- Alhambra Risto veg-Via S. Gregorio, 17, 20124 Milano MI, Italy
- La Vecchia Latteria-Via dell'Unione, 6, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
- Joia -Via Panfilo Castaldi, 18, 20124 Milano MI, Italy
- La Colubrina- Via Felice Casati, 5, 20124 Milano MI, Italy
- Arcobaleno Vegetariano-Via Carlo Marochetti, 7, 20139 Milano MI, Italy
- Flower Burger -Viale Vittorio Veneto, 10, 20124 Milano MI, Italy
- Panghea Ristorante -Via Filippo Argelati, 12, 20144 Milano MI, Italy
- Flower Burger-Via Tortona, 12, 20144 Milano MI, Italy
- Misunchì-Via Don Giuseppe Andreoli, 17, 20158 Milano MI, Italy
- Fairouz-Via Michelangelo Buonarroti, 16, 20145 Milano MI, Italy
- Gastronobio-Via Andrea Mantegna, 9, 20154 Milano MI, Italy
- Artisti del Vegetariano Milano-Via Ponte Vetero, 15, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Capra e cavoli ristorante orto e mare-Via Pastrengo, 18, 20159 Milano MI, Italy
- Ginmi-Via Giovanni Paisiello, 7, 20131 Milano MI, Italy
- Savana Ristorante Eritreo-Via Luigi Canonica, 45, 20154 Milano MI, Italy
- Contrada Govinda-Via Valpetrosa, 5, 20123 Milano MI, Italy
- Dawat-Corso Sempione, 88, 20145 Milano MI, Italy
- Solo Crudo-Via Vincenzo Viviani, 2, 20124 Milano MI, Italy
Travel To Naples
The third-largest city in Italy is rich in history, art, architecture, and delicious food, but it has a bad reputation for crime and squalor. While these blemishes are certainly a reality for residents, they are far from universal, especially when it comes to tourism.
Choose higher ground at places like Certosa e Museo di San Martino and you'll be rewarded with truly spectacular views. Stroll the Via Caracciolo e Lungomare di Napoli or chat with the friendly locals to get a taste of the magic that this port city has to offer. And, of course, there's nothing like that first bite of Neapolitan pizza (in the city credited with inventing the pizza pie) or that perfect sip of espresso.
You can't judge a book by its cover, and you certainly can't judge a city by its rough edges – doing so would mean missing out on its true treasures, which include underground frescoes, royal palaces, and Tuscan architecture, and so much more.
Best Travelling Places To Naples
- Ovo Castle-Via Eldorado, 3, 80132 Napoli NA, Italy
- Catacombe di San Gennaro-Via Capodimonte, 13, 80100 Napoli NA, Italy
- Napoli Sotterranea Guided Authorized Tour-Vico S. Anna di Palazzo, 52, 80132 Napoli NA, Italy
- Castel Nuovo-Via Vittorio Emanuele III, 80133 Napoli NA, Italy
- Galleria Borbonica-Parcheggio Morelli, Via Domenico Morelli, 61 c, 80121 Napoli NA, Italy
- Royal Palace of Naples-Piazza del Plebiscito, 1, 80132 Napoli NA, Italy
- Complesso Monumentale di Santa Chiara-49/c, Via Santa Chiara, 49/C, 80134 Napoli NA, Italy
- Cattedrale di Santa Maria Assunta-Via Duomo, 147, 80138 Napoli NA, Italy
- Galleria Umberto I-Via San Carlo, 15, 80132 Napoli NA, Italy
- Catacombe di San Gaudioso -Basilica Santa Maria della, Piazza Sanità, 14, 80136 Napoli NA, Italy
- ibis Styles Napoli Garibaldi-V72C+75 Naples, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
- San Carlo Theatre-Via San Carlo, 98, 80132 Napoli NA, Italy
- Chiesa di San Domenico Maggiore-P.za S. Domenico Maggiore, 8A, 80134 Napoli NA, Italy
- Naples National Archaeological Museum-Piazza Museo, 19, 80135 Napoli NA, Italy
- Museo Cappella Sansevero-Via Francesco de Sanctis, 19/21, 80134 Napoli NA, Italy
- Piazza del Plebiscito-Piazza del Plebiscito, 80132 Napoli NA, Italy
- Certosa e Museo di San Martino-Largo S. Martino, 5, 80129 Napoli NA, Italy
- Museo e Real Bosco di Capodimonte-Via Miano, 2, 80131 Napoli NA, Italy
- Castel Sant'Elmo-Via Tito Angelini, 20/A, 80129 Napoli NA, Italy
- Naples City Sightseeing-Largo Castello, P.za Municipio, 80100 Napoli NA, Italy
Popular Vegan Restaurants In Naples
- Vegan Kitchen- 794 Neapolitan Way, Naples, FL 34103, United States
- True Food Kitchen- 5375 Tamiami Trail N Ste 15, Naples, FL 34108, United States
- Organically Twisted-13040 Livingston Rd #10, Naples, FL 34105, United States
- Cafe Nutrients -3080 Tamiami Trail N SUITE 1, Naples, FL 34103, United States
- The Local Restaurant-5323 Airport-Pulling Rd, Naples, FL 34109, United States
- The Bowl -1427 Pine Ridge Rd, Naples, FL 34109, United States
- Mediterrano-336 13th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102, United States
- Jane's Cafe on 3rd-1209 3rd St S, Naples, FL 34102, United States
- Green Apron Cafe-771 Airport-Pulling Rd, Naples, FL 34104, United States
- The Bowl-1200 Central Ave, Naples, FL 34102, United States
- Aji Limon Peruvian Kitchen Naples-11985 Collier Blvd, Naples, FL 34116, United States
- First Watch-225 Banyan Blvd #100, Naples, FL 34102, United States
- The Bevy-360 12th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102, United States
- Osteria Tulia-466 5th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102, United States
- I Love Curry-2740 Bayshore Dr Suite 11, Naples, FL 34112, United States
- EJ's Bayfront Cafe-469 Bayfront Pl, Naples, FL 34102, United States
- Pelagos Cafe-4951 Tamiami Trail N, Naples, FL 34103, United States
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe-570 9th St N, Naples, FL 34102, United States
- BiCE Ristorante-300 5th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102, United States
- Kareem's Lebanese Kitchen-4270 Tamiami Trail Este 18, Naples, FL 34112, United States
Travel To Palermo
Palermo, for millennia a crossroads of civilizations, offers a heady, heavily spiced mix of Byzantine mosaics, Arabesque domes, and frescoed cupolas. This is a city on the outskirts of Europe and in the heart of the ancient world, where souk-like markets rub shoulders with baroque churches, date palms frame Gothic palaces, and the blue-eyed and fair have bronze-skinned cousins.
A complex metropolis has emerged from centuries of dizzying highs and crushing lows. Crumbling staircases lead to gilded ballrooms, and guarded locals have gold hearts. Just don't be taken in. Despite its boisterous streets, Sicily's capital is a shy beast, rewarding the curious with citrus-filled cloisters, stucco-laced chapels, and crooked side streets dotted with young artisan studios.
Add to that Italy's largest opera house and an ever-increasing number of vibrant, new-school eateries and bars, and you might find yourself falling in love unexpectedly.
Best Travelling Places To Palermo
- Norman Palace-Piazza del Parlamento, 1, 90129 Palermo PA, Italy
- Cattedrale di Palermo-Via Vittorio Emanuele, 90134 Palermo PA, Italy
- Quattro Canti Piazza Villena, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
- Santa- Maria dell'Ammiraglio-Piazza Bellini, 3, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
- Cattedrale di Monreale-Piazza Guglielmo II, 1, 90046 Monreale PA, Italy
- Santuario di Santa Rosalia-Via Bonanno Pietro, 90142 Palermo PA, Italy
- Porta Nuova-Via Vittorio Emanuele, 475, 90134 Palermo PA, Italy
- Royal Palace and Palatine Chapel-Piazza del Parlamento, 1, 90134 Palermo PA, Italy
- Museo Palazzo Mirto Casa Museo-Via Merlo, 2, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
- Chiesa di Santa Caterina d'Alessandria-Piazza Bellini, 1, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
- Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi-Piazza S. Francesco Saverio, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
- Belvedere di Monte Pellegrino-59G6+39 Palermo, Province of Palermo, Italy
- Torre di San Nicolò di Bari-Via Nunzio Nasi, 18, 90134 Palermo PA, Italy
- Castello a Mare-Via Filippo Patti, 25, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
- Modern Art Gallery Sant'Anna-Via Sant'Anna, 21, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
- Villa Giulia-Via Lincoln, 90123 Palermo PA, Italy
- Oratorio di San Lorenzo-Via Immacolatella, 5, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
- Catacombe di Porta d'Ossuna-Corso A. Amedeo, 110, 90138 Palermo PA, Italy
- Piazza Magione-90133 Palermo, Province of Palermo, Italy
- Chiesa del Santissimo Salvatore-Via Vittorio Emanuele, prima del n.398, 90134, PA, Italy
Popular Vegan Restaurants In Palermo
- Flower Burger-Via Isidoro la Lumia, 3, 90139 Palermo PA, Italy
- Haiku-Via Ricasoli, 30, 90139 Palermo PA, Italy
- Verdechiaro-Via Giuseppe Alessi, 40/42, 90143 Palermo PA, Italy
- Bioesserì Palermo-Via Giuseppe la Farina, 4, 90141 Palermo PA, Italy
- Spinno-Via Marche, 12, 90144 Palermo PA, Italy
- Freschette-Via Quintino Sella, 17, 90139 Palermo PA, Italy
- A casa di Francesco-Via Cerda, 43, 90139 Palermo PA, Italy
- Bistrot 107-Via Cavour, 99/101, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
- Moltivolti-Via Giuseppe Mario Puglia, 21, 90134 Palermo PA, Italy
- Freschette Bio Bistrot-Piazzetta Monteleone, 5, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
- L'Ortolano-Via Alessio di Giovanni, 19, 90144 Palermo PA, Italy
- Vespa Café-Via Orologio, 48, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
- Capatoast-Via Maqueda, 421, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
- OsteRia E Caffè-Via Vittorio Emanuele, 365, 90134 Palermo PA, Italy
- Timilia-Via Maqueda, 221, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
- PizziCotto-Via Resuttana, 468, 90146 Palermo PA, Italy
- Ristorante Quattro mani-Via Francesco Riso, 3, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
- Moon-Via Giuseppe la Masa, 2, 90139 Palermo PA, Italy
- Poké Hawaiian Taste-Piazza S. Francesco di Paola, 3/4, 90138 Palermo PA, Italy
- Il Mirto e la Rosa-Via Principe di Granatelli, 30, 90139 Palermo PA, Italy
Travel to Pisa
Modern Pisa is best known for a disastrous architectural project that once rivaled Genoa and Venice. However, the world-famous Leaning Tower is only one of many notable attractions in this captivating city. Since the 1400s, education has fueled the local economy, and students from all over Italy compete for spots at its prestigious university.
This gives the town center a vibrant cafe and bar scene, balancing an enviable portfolio of well-maintained Romanesque buildings, Gothic churches, and Renaissance piazzas with a lively street life dominated by locals rather than tourists – a charm you won't find if you limit your visit to Piazza dei Miracoli.
Best Travelling Places To Pisa
- Leaning Tower of Pisa-Piazza del Duomo, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Piazza del Duomo-Piazza del Duomo, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Piazza dei Cavalieri-P.za dei Cavalieri, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Battistero di San Giovanni-Piazza del Duomo, 23, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Cattedrale di Pisa-Piazza del Duomo, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Chiesa di Santa Maria della Spina-Lungarno Gambacorti, 56125 Pisa PI, Italy
- Camposanto-Piazza del Duomo, 17, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Porta Santa Maria Pisa-P.za Daniele Manin, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Palazzo Blu-Lungarno Gambacorti, 9, 56125 Pisa PI, Italy
- Museo dell'Opera del Duomo-Piazza del Duomo, 23, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Sinopie Museum-Piazza del Duomo, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Baths of Nero-Largo Parlascio, 14, 56123 Pisa PI, Italy
- Orto e Museo Botanico-Via Luca Ghini, 13, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Palazzo della Sapienza-Via Curtatone e Montanara, 15, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Angelo Caduto-Piazza del Duomo, 56122 Pisa PI, Italy
- Logge dei Banchi-Via di Banchi, 5, 56125 Pisa PI, Italy
- Medici Palace-Piazza Giuseppe Mazzini, 7, 56127 Pisa PI, Italy
- Santo Sepolcro-Piazza Santo Sepolcro, 56125 Pisa PI, Italy
- National Museum of the Royal Palace-Lungarno Antonio Pacinotti, 46, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Lion's Gate-Largo Cocco Griffi, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
Popular Vegan Restaurants In Pisa
- Vegan come koala-Via l'Arancio, 21, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Gingerlab La cucina-Via Andrea Pisano, 103, 56122 Pisa PI, Italy
- Gandhi, Ristorante tipico Indiano Pisa, Gandhi, typical Indian Restaurant Pisa.-Via Massimo D'Azeglio, 17, 56125 Pisa PI, Italy
- Ristoro Pecorino-Via Santa Maria, 157, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Namastè India San Bernardo-Via S. Bernardo, 34, 56125 Pisa PI, Italy
- La Taverna di Pulcinella-Via Garofani, 10, 56125 Pisa PI, Italy
- L'Insalateria-Lungarno Antonio Pacinotti, 40, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Al Madina specialità Mediorientali Pisa- Via S. Martino, 41/45, 56125 Pisa PI, Italy
- Ristorante INDIA-Via Roma, 52, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Namastè India 2 San Martino-Via Antonio Ceci, 56, 56123 Pisa PI, Italy
- Gusto Giusto Pisa-Via del Borghetto, 33, 56124 Pisa PI, Italy
- Tanduri-Piazza Chiara Gambacorti, 37, 56125 Pisa PI, Italy
- Mr. Sgabeo-Via Carlo Fedeli, 2, 56127 Pisa PI, Italy
- La Tana Pisa-Via S. Frediano, 6, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
- Clorophylla Veg&Bio; Shop-Via Vittorio Veneto, 1, 56127 Pisa PI, Italy
- Pizzeria La Paradisea-Via S. Marco, 60, 56121 Pisa PI, Italy
- La focacceria dei sani-Via Guglielmo Oberdan, 43, 56127 Pisa PI, Italy
- Numeroundici-Via S. Martino, 47, 56125 Pisa PI, Italy
- Pokè Flash Pisa-Lungarno Mediceo, 57, 56127 Pisa PI, Italy
- Il Ristoro della Pe'-Via Giosuè Carducci, 56127 Pisa PI, Italy
Travel To Roma
Rome, the city of seven hills, had a legendary beginning. The Eternal City is said to have been founded by Romulus and Remus, twin brothers who were nursed by a she-wolf and fathered by a war god. Although historians are skeptical of Rome's epic entrance into the world, most visitors are convinced that there is something magical about the city.
Roma is sure to enchant, whether it's the mystery of nearby Vatican City or the ghosts of the Colosseum, an afternoon caffè on Piazza Navona or a piled-high plate of pasta at a trattoria.
Rome, Italy's capital, is also known for its history, which dates back to the times of Octavian, Julius Caesar, and Hadrian, among others. Among the historic treasures left behind are the Pantheon, the Roman Forum, and dozens of churches.
The Vatican Museum's treasure trove of art will delight art enthusiasts, and foodies will enjoy the superb Italian fare, not to mention the gelato. While many visitors are drawn to Rome because of its historic significance, the city is also fast-paced, modern, and relevant, with gleaming designer storefronts, sleek hotels, and cutting-edge restaurants.
Best Travelling Places To Roma
- Piazza del Popolo-Piazza del Popolo, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
- Piazza Navona-Piazza Navona, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Trevi Fountain-Piazza di Trevi, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
- Pantheon-Piazza della Rotonda, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Roman Forum-Via della Salara Vecchia, 5/6, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Spanish Steps-Piazza di Spagna, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
- Colosseum-Piazza del Colosseo, 1, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
- Campo de' Fiori-Campo de' Fiori, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Castel Sant'Angelo-Lungotevere Castello, 50, 00193 Roma RM, Italy
- Belvedere del Gianicolo-via Garibaldi, Salita di Sant'Onofrio, 00165 Roma RM, Italy
- Altar of the Fatherland-Piazza Venezia, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri-P.za della Repubblica, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
- Fontana della Barcaccia-Piazza di Spagna, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
- Largo di Torre Argentina-Largo di Torre Argentina, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Circus Maximus-Via del Circo Massimo, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Quirinal Palace-Piazza del Quirinale, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
- Welcome To Rome-Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 203, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Arch of Titus-Via Sacra, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Trajan's Market-Via Quattro Novembre, 94, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
- Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini-Foro Traiano, 85, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Popular Vegan Restaurants In Roma
- Buddy Veggy Restaurant Cafè-Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 107A, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Il Margutta-Via Margutta, 118, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
- Vega Food-Via di Monte Giordano, 1, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Flower Burger-Via dei Gracchi, 87, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
- VEG-Joy-Via Vasto, 4, 00182 Roma RM, Italy
- Écru-Via Acciaioli, 13, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Rifugio Romano-Via Volturno, 39/41, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
- Nativa Ristorante-Via Umberto Moricca, 100, 00100 Roma RM, Italy
- Romeow Cat Bistrot-Via Francesco Negri, 15, 00154 Roma RM, Italy
- Le Bistrot-Via delle Sette Chiese, 160, 00145 Roma RM, Italy
- Flower Burger-Via Alessandria, 21, 00198 Roma RM, Italy
- Origano Campo De' Fiori-Largo dei Chiavari, 84, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Saravanaa Bhavan-Via Volturno, 1, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
- Zazie-Via Quintino Sella, 29, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
- Mater Terrae-Largo Febo, 2, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- VitalityFood-Piazza dell'Indipendenza, 8, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
- Lattuga-Via Vespasiano, 30, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
- Rebio local and organic-Via Germanico, 59, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
- Aromaticus Monti-Via Urbana, 134, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
- Ginger-Via Borgognona, 43-46, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Travel to Torino
Turin's elegant tree-lined boulevards evoke Paris, and its stately art-nouveau cafes evoke Vienna, but make no mistake: this elegant, Alp-fringed city is completely self-contained. The hardworking Torinese created the world's first sellable hard chocolate as well as Italy's most iconic car, the Fiat.
Its thriving contemporary art, architecture, and live-music scene, as well as its innovative food and wine culture, are all things you should check out.
Best Travelling Places To Torino
- Piazza San Carlo P.za S. Carlo, 10123 Torino TO, Italy
- Piazza Castello-P.za Castello, 10122 Torino TO, Italy
- Madama Palace-P.za Castello- 10122 Torino TO, Italy
- Royal Palace of Turin-Piazzetta Reale, 1, 10122 Torino TO, Italy
- Basilica of Superga-Strada Basilica di Superga, 73, 10132 Torino TO, Italy
- Egyptian Museum-Via Accademia delle Scienze, 6, 10123 Torino TO, Italy
- Mole Antonelliana-Via Montebello, 20, 10124 Torino TO, Italy
- Parco del Valentino-Corso Massimo d'Azeglio, 10126 Torino TO, Italy
- Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist-P.za S. Giovanni, 10122 Torino TO, Italy
- Palatine Gate-Piazza Cesare Augusto, 10122 Torino TO, Italy
- Royal Armoury of Turin-P.za Reale, 1, 10122 Torino TO, Italy
- Santuario della Consolata-Piazza della Consolata, Via Maria Adelaide, 2, 10122 Torino TO, Italy
- Mastio della Cittadella-
- Musei Reali di Torino-P.za Reale, 1, 10122 Torino TO, Italy
- Monumento al Conte Verde-Piazza Palazzo di Città, 7E, 10122 Torino TO, Italy
- Parco d'Arte Vivente-Via Giordano Bruno, 31, 10134 Torino TO, Italy
- Parco della Tesoriera-Corso Francia, 186/192, 10145 Torino TO, Italy
- Murazzi del Po Gipo Farassino-Ciclostrada Torino – Venezia VENTO, 10124 Torino TO, Italy
- Juventus Museum-Via Druento, 153/42, 10151 Torino TO, Italy
- Piazza Solferino-Piazza Solferino, 10121 Torino TO, Italy
Popular Vegan Restaurants In Torino
- Ristorante Flora-Stradone Scipione Maffei, 8c, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Dulcamara Vegan Bakery & Bistrot-Via Francesco Berni, 7, 37122 Verona VR, Italy
- Flower Burger-Corso Porta Nuova, 87, 37122 Verona VR, Italy
- Ristorante Vegano Biologico La Lanterna-Piazzetta Portichetti, 6, 37123 Verona VR, Italy
- Ziga Bistrò-Via IV Novembre, 1B, 37126 Verona VR, Italy
- Agriturismo Dongili-Via Castello, 11, 37141 Verona VR, Italy
- Più Gusto Bio-Stradone Porta Palio, 36, 37122 Verona VR, Italy
- Special Mr Martini-Via Tombetta, 39B, 37135 Verona VR, Italy
- Buoono-Via Anfiteatro, 6c, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Risotteria Porto Mancino-Via Lazzaretto, 26, 37133 Verona VR, Italy
- Pizzeria Focacceria Quattrocento-Via Valpantena, 94f, 37142 Marzana VR, Italy
- Pizzeria Du De Cope-Galleria Pellicciai, 10, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Pizzeria da Vincenzo-Piazza Nogara, 3, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Caffè & Parole-Piazza Duomo, 1A, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Istituto Maffei-Via Abramo Massalongo, 4, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Tony Panuozzo Rivoltella-Via Parrocchiale, 50, 25015 Rivoltella BS, Italy
- Mezzaluna-Piazza Emanuele Filiberto, 8/d, 10122 Torino TO, Italy
- Vegan's Prague-36, Nerudova 221, Malá Strana, 118 00 Praha 1, Czechia
- La Nicchia Cafe-Via Cipro, 4L, 00136 Roma RM, Italy
- Unity Diner-60 Wentworth St, London E1 7AL, United Kingdom
Travel to Venice
Venice is magical. Yes, it's fascinating, but once you see the city on the water for yourself, you'll understand. The breathtaking Grand Canal will greet you as soon as you step out of the Santa Lucia train station.
Water taxis will pass beneath the Ponte degli Scalzi (Bridge of the Barefoot), and you may hear the faintest hint of a serenading violin, or is that your imagination? It's possible that it's not all in your head. Gondolas carrying smitten couples glide through the city's maze of waterways, and gondola drivers are known to sing when the mood strikes.
On land, narrow passageways wind past Old World storefronts and homes, as well as over bridges. You should be aware that maps aren't very useful here, and getting lost is the norm – embrace the confusion or enlist the assistance of a local by signing up for one of the best Venice tours.
The main draw of this canal-lined city is its magical atmosphere, but there are a few other attractions as well: The tour guides at St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace provide excellent historical context; the Gallerie dell'Accademia displays works by Titian, Veronese, and other famous Venetians; and the Teatro La Fenice hosts world-class opera performances. You can also visit nearby islands such as Lido for the beach, Murano for the famous glass, and Burano for its lace.
Best Travelling Places To Venice
- Doge's Palace-P.za San Marco, 1, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
- Saint Mark's Basilica-P.za San Marco, 328, 30100 Venezia VE, Italy
- St. Mark's Square -P.za San Marco, 30100 Venezia VE, Italy
- St Mark's Campanile-P.za San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
- Venetian Arsenal-30122 Venice, Metropolitan City of Venice, Italy
- Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute-Dorsoduro, 1, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy
- Bridge of Sighs-P.za San Marco, 1, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
- Basilica S.Maria Gloriosa dei Frari-San Polo, 3072, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
- Rialto Bridge-Sestiere San Polo, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
- Ca' Rezzonico-Dorsoduro, 3136, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy
- Venice Tours Srl-San Marco, 1130 second floor, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
- Gallerie dell'Accademia-Campo della Carità, 1050, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy
- Church of Santa Maria dei Miracoli-Campiello dei Miracoli, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
- Venice Tours -Touring Different-S. Marco, 4650, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
- Museo Correr-P.za San Marco, 52, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
- Teatro La Fenice-Campo S. Fantin, 1965, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
- Chabad of Venice-Sestiere Cannaregio 2915, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
- Chiesa di San Zaccaria-Campo S. Zaccaria, 4693, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
- Scuola Grande di San Rocco-San Polo, 3054, a, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
- Leonardo da Vinci Museum Venice-Campo S. Rocco, 3052, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
Popular Vegan Restaurants In Venice
- La Tecia Vegana-Dorsoduro, 2104, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy
- Crepes House by PePe-Fondamenta S. Giobbe, 549, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
- Frary's-Fondamenta Frari, 2558, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
- La Zucca -S. Croce, 1762, 30135 Venezia VE, Italy
- Impronta-Dorsoduro, 3815, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy
- Orient Experience-Rio Terà Farsetti, 1847, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
- Ghimel Garden & Palace-Calle de la Racheta, 3764, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
- Ital india Restaurant-Fondamenta de le Capuzine, 3102, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
- Ristorante da Mario alla Fava- Calle dei stagneri 5242, e Calle Galiazzo, 5265, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
- We Love Italy fresh pasta to go – Rialto – Venice- Calle de l'Orso, 5529, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
- Algiubagio Restaurant-Fondamente Nove, 5039, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
- Bacaro Vintido'-Calle Dona Onesta, 3928/29, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy
- Pizzeria L'Angelo-Calle de la Mandola, 3711, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
- Hard Rock Cafe-Bacino Orseolo , San Marco 1192, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
- Trattoria Bar Pontini-Cannaregio, 1268, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
- Bistrot de Venise-Calle dei Fabbri, 4685, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
- Wine Bar Teamo-Rio Terrà de la Mandola, 3795, 30100 Venezia VE, Italy
- Ristorante Antica Sacrestia-Calle de la Corona, 4463, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
- Ai Mercanti-Corte Coppo, 4346/a, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
- Ristorante La Piazza-S. Marco, 615, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Travel To Verona
Verona, best known for its Shakespeare connections, attracts a multinational swarm of tourists, most of whom are looking for Romeo, Juliet, and all that. Beyond the heart-shaped kitsch and Renaissance romance, Verona is a bustling city, with its heart dominated by a massive, remarkably well-preserved 1st-century amphitheatre, which hosts the city's annual summer opera festival.
Add to that a plethora of churches, a couple of architecturally fascinating bridges over the Adige, Veneto hinterland wine and food, and some impressive art, and Verona emerges as one of northern Italy's most appealing cities. And all this is just a short hop from the shores of stunning Lake Garda.
Best Travelling Places To Verona
- Piazza delle Erbe Piazza delle Erbe, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Piazza dei Signori, Piazza dei Signori, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Torre dei Lamberti, Via della Costa, 1, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Porta Borsari, Corso Porta Borsari, 57A, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Cattedrale di Santa Maria Matricolare Piazza Duomo, 21, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Castelvecchio Museum Corso Castelvecchio, 2, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Verona Arena P.za Bra, 1, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Basilica di San Zeno Maggiore Piazza San Zeno, 2, 37123 Verona VR, Italy
- Castel San Pietro Castel San Pietro, Piazzale Castel S. Pietro, 37129 Verona VR, Italy
- Ponte Pietra 37121 Verona, Province of Verona, Italy
- Verona Vecchia-Via Leoni, 1, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Palace of the Podestà-P.za dei Signori, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Porta Palio-Stradone Porta Palio, 37138 Verona VR, Italy
- Juliet’s House-Via Cappello, 23, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Palace of Cansignorio-P.za dei Signori, 22, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Forte Sofia-37128 Verona, Province of Verona, Italy
- Tomba di Giulietta-Via Luigi da Porto, 5, 37122 Verona VR, Italy
- Porta San Zeno-Circonvallazione Maroncelli, 37123 Verona VR, Italy
- I Portoni della Brà-Corso Porta Nuova, 2, 37122 Verona VR, Italy
- Sinagoga di Verona-Via Rita Rosani, 4, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
Popular Vegan Restaurants In Verona
- Dulcamara Vegan Bakery & Bistrot- Via Francesco Berni, 7, 37122 Verona VR, Italy
- Ristorante Flora-Stradone Scipione Maffei, 8c, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Ristorante Vegano Biologico La Lanterna- Piazzetta Portichetti, 6, 37123 Verona VR, Italy
- Flower Burger-Corso Porta Nuova, 87, 37122 Verona VR, Italy
- Zazie Verona -Via Gaetano Trezza, 1A, 37129 Verona VR, Italy
- Ziga Bistr- Via IV Novembre, 1B, 37126 Verona VR, Italy
- Zenkmzero-Via Cesiolo, 14, 37126 Verona VR, Italy
- Agriturismo Dongili-Via Castello, 11, 37141 Verona VR, Italy
- Più Gusto Bio- Stradone Porta Palio, 36, 37122 Verona VR, Italy
- Terracotta – gastronomia vegetariana-Via Gaetano Trezza, 32, 37129 Verona VR, Italy
- El Cuciar-Piazza Duomo, 6/A, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Trattoria Reale-Via Fama, 4, Corte Sgarzarie, 12, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Il Punto Rosa-Via Fratta, 12/A, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Top Eat-Via Pallone, 20/C – 20/D, 37122 Verona VR, Italy
- Zushi Verona-Via IV Novembre, 17b, 37126 Verona VR, Italy
- Symposio Wine & Food-Via Stella, 20, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Osteria Il Bertoldo-Vicolo Cadrega, 2a, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Osteria Macafame-Via delle Fogge, 6, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Oblò Comfort Food-Corso Cavour, 5, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- L'Evangelista Ristorante & Enoteca-Via Dietro Listone, 19/D, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
Beautiful architecture, breathtaking scenery, the warm Mediterranean sun, and incredible works of art – Italy is an incredible vacation destination!
I trust you enjoyed this article about the Italy Vegan Travel Guide With Popular Vegan Restaurants. Please stay tuned for more blog posts to come shortly. Take care!
>>>Do You Want To Surprise Your Family And Guests With Delicious Vegan Lunches And Dinners On A Regular Basis? Become A Member At Veecoco – My #1 Recommendation – And Have Access To Over 700 Delicious, Healthy AND 100% Vegan Recipes<<<
Your Opinion Is Important To Me
Ideas? Thoughts? Questions? I would love to hear from you. Would you please leave me your questions, experience, and remarks about this article on the Italy Vegan Travel Guide With Popular Vegan Restaurants, in the comments section below? You can also reach me by email at Jeannette@LivingTheVeganLifestyle.org.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure.