Easy Vegan Burger Recipes
The food industry is currently one of the biggest sections of our economy. However, it is also damaging our world as well. The food industry is consuming too much. It includes water, soil, energy, and many other things. So, the food industry must be changed very fast. Fortunately, people have started thinking about it earlier.
Now, people are becoming vegan in order to protect the planet earth. Here, in this article, I am going to talk about veganism and the impacts it has on our economy and life. Do you know what veganism is? Do you know how you could be a vegan person? And, if you know it, what do you think about it? We will answer all these questions today.
Many years ago, nobody cared about animals' welfare at all. People used to think that animals are there to get exploited. When we feel hungry, they had to get killed and turned into meat. We didn’t know that animals have the right to live just like ours.
They should be able to take care of their children and be happy with them as much as humans like to spend time with their families. The situation didn’t change for a long time because humans are, by their nature, selfish animals and don’t care about other living beings. However, with the advent of technologies and accessibility of information to people in the world, the situation started to change. Several campaigns started to appear and make people think more about their environment.
A few decades ago, a movement named vegetarianism appeared. People decided to stop eating meat because it is cruel to animals. Animals must not get killed because of their meat. Now, millions of people are vegetarian which means that they don't want to suffer animals just for the sake of producing food. It is not only good for animals; it is great for humans too. There are some positive impacts on nature as well. Veganism started right after vegetarianism. That's where we want to start the next part of our paper.
What Is Veganism?
As we said, vegetarians stopped eating meat because they wanted to respect animals' rights. However, many people said that it is not enough. Yes, vegetarianism was a big step but animals were still get killed and suffered for other purposes. For example, now, we are eating many foods that are coming from animal products such as milk and eggs.
Also, torturing animals was not limited to the food industry. The fashion industry also suffered animals a lot. So, as a vegan person, you shouldn’t eat meat or any other products which come from animals. Also, you must not wear clothing items and accessories that are made from animal skins. So, wearing wool, silk, leather, and fur is not allowed. This is veganism.
What Is So Bad About The Current Food Industry?
So, many people are wondering what differences they are making by becoming vegan. In fact, some people just think that being a vegan is not that much influential in making our world a better place. However, you should know that there are many direct and indirect positive effects associated with veganism.
If you want to be a vegan, you have to be convinced that it is worth trying. Here are some reasons for you to believe why veganism is necessary for us. they include environmental effects, effects on humans and animals. But wait, why not mentioning the awful impacts of the current food industry first? Let me tell you how our food industry is damaging our life.
It might not be clear but there is a strong association between veganism and a less polluted and healthier environment. Oh! Where can I even begin? One of the first impacts is water conservation. Droughts are one of the biggest problems of humanity and we need to change them.
If you want to keep eating meat, it means that millions of tons of water should be used for livestock. In some areas in the world, humans don’t have enough water let alone animals. It is not only the water we have a problem with. The land is another big challenge for the current food industry. Now, millions of animals need tons of food every day. It means that you have to free up land to cultivate plants for feeding your animals.
Threats To Humans' Health For The Sake Of More Food Production
Even after occupying the lands for planting agricultural products, you have to be worried about other things. For example, the efficiency and productivity of food production must be increased if we want to feel millions of cows, sheep, goats, pigs, etc. What does it mean? What is the problem of producing more plants? Well, it is not good at all because your agricultural methods must be more intense which requires more water and other resources.
Also, you have to protect your plants by applying too many pesticides and fertilizers to enhance your production. Unfortunately, it doesn’t end here. In order to produce more, scientists have invented genetically modified food. These plants are yielding more food at the end and are resistant to drought and plant diseases. However, these plants are shown to have unpredicted consequences for humans' health. They might increase the chance of getting serious diseases such as cancer.
Greenhouse Gas Emissions
This is another drawback associated with the current food industry. Cows are producing methane which is much more dangerous than carbon dioxide for the environment. Methane is one of the most dangerous gases for the earth because it makes it hotter day by day. As long as people want to eat them, the food industry continues to damage our resources and destabilizes our living conditions.
Be Vegan, Live Healthier
Yes! our current lifestyle is awful. We talked about it in the previous section. Veganism is a perfect choice if you decide to run away from all those negative impacts. Here are some short arguments for all the good things you can have if you decide to be vegan.
It is obvious that you don’t have to pressurize natural resources like water, land, and energy because vegan foods are not based on animals products. Also, it is an ethically better choice since no animals need to suffer and get killed to get you to feed. Moreover, it is a better option for humans too. Studies have shown that eating meat is associated with lots of minor and major conditions such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, etc. Not to mention that the price of food will be cheaper and the contribution of the food industry to global warming will be minimized.
Why Normal Burgers Are Not Healthy?
Normal burgers are delicious! I can get that. But, there are many good arguments for you to change your mind about them. in addition to all those above-mentioned problems, there are other horrible things you have to know about normal burgers. Here are some of them.
- First of all, foods such as burgers are very heavy. After eating them, you will feel full and cannot do your routine activities. The calories received by your body is often more than it can adsorb. That's why you feel heavy and should take a nap or something.
- Burgers damage your skin too. Eating too much might lead to acne on your skin.
- After eating the burger, you will feel bloated and puffy, won't you? What's the reason? It is because of too much sodium in them. Compounds such as sodium nitrate, sodium saccharin, and sodium benzoate are added into burgers as flavouring or preservatives. An adult never eats more than 1500 milligrams of these compounds per day. However, there are more than 2300 milligrams in fast foods such as burgers.
- As a result of eating too many burgers, declining your memory and cognitive function are expected to happen at any time. It is mainly because of too much saturated fats in burgers. If you eat too many burgers, you won't be able to use your memory fast with the negative effect on brain function.
- Burgers are not rich in dietary fibres which are usually found in vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts, etc. fibres are great in lowering cholesterol and keeping blood sugar levels stable. When you don’t get enough fibres, you will experience constipation more frequently.
The list can go on and on. Increasing the risk of obesity and inflammation, not getting essential nutrition, putting your teeth at the risk of getting decayed, declining mental health, suffering from kidneys diseases, and letting your blood sugar and cholesterol skyrocket are some other negative effects of normal burgers for your lifestyle.
Easy Vegan Burger Recipe
So far, most of what we said has been not so great. However, from now on, I am going to tell you how you can have a great lifestyle without being attached to unhealthy burgers. I am sure many of you know all the bad things about normal burgers but still eat them occasionally.
You can enjoy eating burgers and be healthy at the same time. How? By eating vegan burgers. Vegan burgers aren’t made from meat or any other animal-related products. They are purely vegan and much healthier. Right now, there are too many easy vegan burger recipes for you to start your healthy food habits. I am here to tell you all these amazing recipes from different resources.
Black Bean Veggie Burger
This is one of the easiest recopies you can find. It takes only 20 and 10 minutes to prepare and cook, respectively. It has only 488 kcal and is also high in fibre (8 grams).
The main ingredients
The main ingredients are 1 tbsp olive oil (1 tbsp), tamari (2 tbsp), Dijon mustard (1 tbsp), oat bran (3 tbsp), cooked brown rice (2 tbsp), chopped hazelnuts (2 tbsp), chopped mushrooms (5), leek (1/2), and firm tofu (140 gram), 40-gram flour, 4-6 burger buns, kale leaves, and 240-gram canned black beans, drained.
How to dress the burger?
You can use vegan mayo, tomato ketchup, chopped cornichons, and cayenne pepper to dress it as you wish.
How to cook it?
You can easily make this burger in just four simple steps.
- Firstly, start frying the leek, mushrooms, thyme, tofu, and kale in a pan for just five minutes. Next, throw mustard, tamari, and black beans in the pan and stir it as much as possible. Use a blender to mix the mixture for several seconds. When the texture is chunky, it means that it is good. Finally, add the oat bran, rice, and chopped nuts to the current mixture and mix well.
- Secondly, you should be able to create four to six patties from the mixture with your hand. Now, coat the patties using flour.
- Thirdly, to dress the burger, use a bowl to mix all ingredients. After frying the patties for several minutes, each side of the patties is crisp. That's enough.
- Fourthly, you can use tomato, onion, and lettuce to serve this delicious vegan burger.
Falafel is one of the most traditional foods in most Asian countries. You can cook it very fast without using any non-vegan materials. Preparation and cooking take only 16 minutes. It is considered one of the easiest vegan burgers in the world. the calories are even less than the previous burger. This burger has only 161 kcal with a very low amount of salt (0.4 gram) which is great for your health.
What are the ingredients?
To make this delicious burger, you need ground cumin and coriander (1 tsp per ingredient), harissa paste (1/2 tbsp), plain flour and sunflower oil (2 tbsp per ingredient), tomato and green salad for serving, a few pieces of parsley, one garlic and one red onion, and 400 grams can chickpeas which have been rinsed and drained.
How to cook it?
Interestingly, you just need two steps. here they are:
- Firstly, you need to have a smooth paste to make four patties with your hand. For this, you need to mix onion, garlic, parsley, cumin, coriander, harissa paste, flour, and salt. Also, you have to drain the chickpeas before and put them into the mixture.
- Then, you should fry patties in a non-stick frying pan for three to five minutes. Your falafel is ready when both sides of your patties are lightly golden. Toasted pitta bread, tomato, and green salad can be used for serving.
Vegan Beetroot & Quinoa Burgers
This burger was proposed by Liberty Mendez. It takes 45 minutes for it to get ready (15 and 30 minutes for preparation and cooking). Normal burgers don’t have enough fibre. This vegan burger is great because it has 6 grams of it. Also, its calories are low. It is just 342 kcal.
What are the ingredients?
To make this fantastic vegan burger, you will need one red onion and two garlic cloves (both chopped). Also, you have to have rapeseed oil (2 tbsp), milled flaxseeds (2 tbsp), cumin seeds (1 tbsp), cooked quinoa (200 g), finely grated and liquid reserved beetroot (150 grams, cooked), plain flour (50 gram), and half small bunch of coriander.
What salad is the best?
You can use beetroot-preserving liquid, lemon juice, low-fat soy yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, and rocket.
How to cook?
You can cook this amazing vegan burger in four steps:
- Firstly, you should start with heating up rapeseed oil in a pan and then tipping in the onion, cumin, and garlic. You have to keep the material frying for nearly 10 minutes until it gets softened and golden. Cooked quinoa, beetroot, flour, flaxseed, and coriander will be mixed and cooked then. Now, you need to wait for five minutes.
- Secondly, the mixture you will get is a bit loose. Now, you can create four patties while your hands are wet. Then, put them all on a tray and let them get heated in the oven for 15 minutes. You need another 10 minutes for another side of patties to get ready.
- Thirdly, make the salad as you wish.
- Fourthly, the rocket is used for serving the burger.
Sweet Potato Burgers
This is another exciting vegan burger. However, if you are not patient, don’t go for it because you need nearly 25 minutes for preparation and 1 hour and 10 minutes for cooking. Also, it is not as easy as the above-mentioned burgers. It is one of the vegan burgers with the highest number of flavours. Also, the combination of sunflower seed and sweep potato gives an amazing crunch to it.
What are the main ingredients?
As we said, this burger is harder to get cooked. So, the ingredients are more too. For this vegan food, you need 140, 850, and 25 grams of brown rice, sweet potatoes, and salted potato chips, respectively. Be careful, sweet potatoes much be peeled in small cubes. Also, you need three, one, two, and two tbsp of olive oil, ground cumin, and sunflower seeds, lime juice, respectively. One chopped red onion, small pack basil, one peeled and diced ripe avocado, four burger buns, eight lettuce leaves, and 1/2 punnet snipped mustard.
How to cook?
you have to follow fixed steps as follows:
- After cooking rice, spread them on a tray. You do this to make rice dry before adding to the sweet potatoes.
- Secondly, mix sweet potatoes with olive oil and cumin. Let them roast for several minutes and configure them in a thin layer. Roasting might take 30 minutes. It shouldn’t be too crispy. While you are doing this, you have to soak sunflower seeds in a cup of water.
- Thirdly, you should fry onion, ginger, and chilli for five minutes in a saucepan set covered with olive oil.
- Fourthly, dry sunflower seeds and mix them with the sweet potatoes in a bowl. After crushing them, you have to add rice and onion mixture, and basil. Again, you have to continue crushing the mixture until it is smooth. Then, you have to make patties. Keep them fresh. Bring them to room temperature for 15 minutes before cooking.
- Fifthly, you have to put the patties on a baking tray and roast it for 30 minutes. The burger will be ready when the colour is brown.
- Finally, by adding avocado and lime juice in a bow you can make salsa. Put the lettuce leaves on the bun and then patties. Here, you can add a spoonful of salsa. By adding a few sweet potato crisps and spreading mustard cress, you can enjoy a very delicious vegan burger.
Other Vegan Burgers
What about other vegan burgers? There are a lot of them. Here is a shortlist of seven other vegan burgers.
- Smoked tofu vegan burger
- Vegan date & chocolate bread & butter pudding
- Pulled BBQ aubergine & black bean burgers
- Gardein Beefless Burger
- Beyond Meat Beast Burger
- Boca Vegan Burger
- Field Roast Field Burger
Best Vegan Brands
Are you looking for vegan brands to buy vegan burgers from? Don’t worry. I will introduce them to you:
- Beyond meat,
- Tofurky Plant-Based Burgers,
- Fieldroast, and
are some of the most famous brands that produce vegan burgers. If you want to know more, just visit their page on Instagram and explore more.
Veganism is one of the best food habits that humans have. Back then, we used to torture animals and use their meat and other products to get ourselves fed. However, this has changed over the course of humanity. People have become vegan now. it means they don’t like to eat in exchange for animals being tortured and killed. As a vegan, first, you are respecting animals' rights and welfare.
Secondly, you are eating healthier food and avoid all sorts of minor and major conditions. Cancers, heart diseases, diabetes, and many other diseases are blocked by a healthy lifestyle. Vegan burgers are the best replacement for normal burgers. Here, in this article, we talked about the benefits of vegan foods and then introduced vegan burgers. I hope you find this article helpful. Take care.
I trust you enjoyed reading the article about the Easy Vegan Burger Recipes. Please stay tuned. There are more blog posts to come very shortly.
Your Opinion Is Important To Me
Ideas? Thoughts? Questions? I would love to hear from you. Would you mind leaving me your questions, experience and remarks about the Easy Vegan Burger Recipes in the comments section below? You can also reach me by email at Jeannette@LivingTheVeganLifestyle.org.
You might also enjoy these blog posts: